IMM Episode 532 -> Ernesto's Grand Reserve Peaberry

A forum for one of our advertisers http://www.hasbean.co.uk

Moderators: CakeBoy, GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb

IMM Episode 532 -> Ernesto's Grand Reserve Peaberry

Postby Steve » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:08 am

Ernesto’s Grand Reserve Peaberry is a coffee we haven’t had for quite a while now, but we're excited to have it back! :mrgreen:

Each year, the peaberries from Ernesto’s farms are separated out and he cups the lots before making a unique blend from them. This is a blend of Washed and Natural lots from his farms: Finca Las Brumas, Finca Alaska and Finca La Ilusion.

In the cup you'll get a light maple syrup sweetness. That delicious sweetness stays the focus, but shifts into sponge cake, with a grating of orange peel appearing alongside it.

[url]go.hasbean.co.uk/imm532[/url]

Steve
Founder Member

Re: IMM Episode 532 -> Ernesto's Grand Reserve Peaberry

Postby rgifford » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:51 am

A bit from here and a bit from there. I do wonder just how much the coffee varies from bag to bag as I assume he didn't put the full lot into an enormous hopper and mix it.

I wonder the same thing where there are a mixture of varietals. Presumably the actual mix varies from day to day as different areas of the farm are picked.
rgifford

Postby Steve » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:12 pm

I may have simplified it a little. He cups each lot and decided what should go in. Then at the dry mill where the coffee is hand sorted it is mixed in a big hopper to give more consistency to the coffee. This is why I love Ernesto, he's always thinking and trying new things, and os talented at the cupping table. What did you think to it Roland ? Been keen to hear your thoughts on the cup

In regards bro other lots, at dry milling it does get a good mix so you tend to find it does remain continent. Good questions !!!!
Steve
Founder Member

Postby rgifford » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:49 pm

[quote="Steve"What did you think to it Roland ? Been keen to hear your thoughts on the cup[/quote]

I'm behind so I haven't got to it yet ;-) I have no doubt that it will be 'tasty as delicious'.

On an unrelated topic, the Yemens are lovely and different. I like different as well as tasty and delicious.
rgifford

Postby rgifford » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:40 pm

Steve wrote:What did you think to it Roland ? Been keen to hear your thoughts on the cup

As you asked, I've drunk it out of sequence :D

It is probably the neatest/tidiest peaberry that I have ever seen! Usually they are mostly peaberry with some normal beans but not this one.

Nice, enjoyed it, but not enough to immediately buy another bag. A nice coffee to drink rather than one of the 'Ooh that's interesting' ones.
rgifford

Postby rgifford » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:14 am

[quote="Steve"What did you think to it Roland ? Been keen to hear your thoughts on the cup[/quote]

As an espresso on the other hand it is very nice indeed. I'm still not buying another bag but this is an example, for me, of a far more interesting espresso than filter.
rgifford

Return to Has Bean Coffee