HB preblend espresso Perfetio 2008-2009

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

HB preblend espresso Perfetio 2008-2009

Postby dsc » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:11 am

Hi guys,

I got two packs yesterday (thanks for the fast shipping Steve!) and decided to use it straight away, mostly because I was eager to try out my new Motta:D Effect? holy smoking awesome Batman!! it blends with milk so well I'm simply stunned. The main taste I was getting was buttery popcorn, but I'm not sure if it's the coffee or the fact that it hasn't degassed properly. Steve could you perhaps shed some light on this? Can the freshness of the coffee cause the popcorny taste? I'm asking because this isn't the first time I was tasting something like this.

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

RE: HB preblend espresso Perfetio 2008-2009

Postby espressomattic » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:40 pm

This is way up there as a favoutite blend. I must find out what beans are actually in it one day. Cakes and I describe it as akin to drinking a cup of summer.
espressomattic

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:58 am

That's the one mate :P. Best shared with friends too :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby dsc » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:43 pm

Hi guys,

I tasted something really fruity yesterday, something similar to Harar, but a bit different, more like cherry / blackcurrant. Lost it in the second shot though:| I think it's still a bit too fresh, so hopefully it will get better during the next few days.

Regards,
dsc.

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

Postby quoad » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:47 pm

I got through a couple of bags of this last week...

Absolutely stunned.

I've had the Perfetio before and - yeah, ok, it's alright. Nice enough cup, and I kinda thought I'd get round to reordering it one day.

But last week - good lord. Forgiving, beautiful, smooth, round, deep, sweet, full bodied, complex... I was enjoying it so damned much that I was forgetting to eat. I didn't get the fruity notes you mention, dsc - but the buttery sweet caramelly chocolatey slightly malty roundness - just kept on changing and evolving.

In a league of its own. And I just came onto toomuchcoffee to see whether or not anyone else had started a thread about it yet :D

I'm off to order another two bags :D
quoad

Postby dsc » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:30 pm

Hi again,

if you really want to feel the malty'ness try making yourself a double shot with a little bit of milk in an espresso cup. Fruits pop out in lower temps as well.

Regards,
dsc.

dsc

Postby darrensandford » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:16 am

No meat products? Sausage? Ah well, maybe I should give it a miss :P

I have a bag of this that has been sitting almost too long now, I really need to get started on it!

My valve sniffing has shown it's promise though!
darrensandford

re

Postby dsc » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:53 am

Hi Darren,

well I didn't want to mention this because someone might think I'm weird, but if you focus really hard you can smell a mountain goat ;) and a proper hairy one too ;) with horns and everything ;) still chewing grass ;)

Regards,
dsc.

dsc

RE: re

Postby darrensandford » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:51 am

That's more like it! :D
darrensandford

Re: RE: HB preblend espresso Perfetio 2008-2009

Postby quoad » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:59 pm

dsc wrote:Hi again,

if you really want to feel the malty'ness try making yourself a double shot with a little bit of milk in an espresso cup. Fruits pop out in lower temps as well.

Regards,
dsc.

Cheers, dsc! Two more bags - hopefully - in the post, I'll have a splash next week.

Incidentally - my Motta came through about a fortnight ago. Lor', they're pretty darned good, ey? Quite a step up from my first 'milk jug' - a £2.50 steel toothbrush holder from Asda :D
quoad

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping