Are my tastebuds hopeless?

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

RE: re

Postby fred25 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:01 pm

Indeed, that and PFs shouldn't be.... inserted in the same sentence together - could lead one to the wrong sorts of conclusion, dont'cha kno ;) :? :lol:
Au réveil, il était midi.
fred25

Postby triptogenetica » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:17 pm

Indeed - it's much more about your own enjoyment, it seems, than other people's. If you want to use tasting notes as a key to what you might like, go ahead. If you want to dream them up - go right ahead, too!

IMHO - Coffee seems to reward whatever degree of attention you give it. If, today, you're busy and just want a coffee, that's fine, you'll likely enjoy it. If tomorrow, you have a minute or two, and you spend that deciding which flavours and smells there are in your cup - that's fine too!

I sometimes come back to it (thinking about coffee) and realize that for the last couple of days I've ground, tamped, brewed, whatever, pretty much on autopilot. And this is fine, too! It's still there when I return to it, whenever ready to learn something new.

- Recently, I had a bag of coffee from hasbean, and spent most of it trying to decide which nut it tasted most like. It was nutty, certainly, but which nut? Steve said walnut. Half the time, I agreed; half the time, I thought, "No! Hazelnut! It's hazelnut!"

This is all completely unnecessary, of course. But it amuses me...
Bezzera BZ35 (ex Gaggia Carezza)
Grinders - Iberital MC2, Bezzera BB105, Hario Skerton
Aeropress, Cona C, Hario MCA-5 and TCA-5 vacpots
Beans - Behmor homeroast
triptogenetica

Postby Steve » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:11 pm

As it should amuse and should agree and disagree. This is the best part about tasting, but you need that open mind to let it.
Steve
Founder Member

Postby SlowRain » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:46 am

Okay, I just tried some Ethiopian Harar, and it had a bit of a berry thing going on. A nice coffee.
La Pavoni PRH, Aerobie AeroPress, 2 Bodum French presses, Sözen Turkish mill, Porlex ceramic mill, Feima 600N
SlowRain

Previous

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping