El Salvador La Fany

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

El Salvador La Fany

Postby espressomattic » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:47 pm

Really getting tinto this Bean. I had earlier issues cracking the roast onthis, however I have, I think I got it this time.

Taken to just prior to 2C.

Lovely Sweet aroma from the grounds with a nut thing going on.

Quite bright in the cup. Sweet toffee thing with a fruit like aftertaste. Again very sweet. Not a really full bodied cup but when pulled shorter than usual, gives quite an intense brew. I gave it a score of 88.5 on the cupping data base.

Has anybody tried the 2008/2009 crop? How does it compare to last years?
espressomattic

Postby Bombcup » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:49 pm

La Fany for me is one of those staple coffees which is always around but every time you go back to it you wonder why you're not drinking it all the time.

The new crop really rekindled my enthusiasm for it. Bigger body, more sweetness but still very floral and delicate on the finish. It's great to see a coffee change and improve from one year to the next.
Bombcup

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:30 am

I'm with WC on the description of the new crop :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby lukas » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:36 am

I didn't have the new crop yet, but tried it a few times over the last years - 3 or 4 250g bags counted together. First didn't work for me with the Gaggia, second didn't work for me with the Cimbali either, but the last one with the San Marco, my improved technique and better sense of how to not kill 250g without something drinkable showed me that this coffee is indeed as good as all the people who rave about it say. It is, really. It's just picky as for what machines it likes! :)
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby BigG » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:07 am

Love this coffee and agree with the comments on the 2008/09 crop a little bigger all-round but still very elegant. We use this in our blend with honduras coe and brazil cach and the new crop has made it even better. It's great coffee that is very versatile
Big G, Big coffee

DALLA CORTE 20.03 2 GROUP, Dalla Corte badged MAHLKÖNIG K30 Ditting KR1203 shop grinder, Macap MX, Custom reg barber tamp, Francino 2 group (I know), and a shop to play in
BigG

Postby Beanie » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:59 am

I soooo miss this one :( Also was one of my staples *sigh*
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping