royal mail beans delivery - arggggghhhh

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

royal mail beans delivery - arggggghhhh

Postby jon » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:26 pm

Out of coffee beans :evil: and was looking forward to some lovely hasbean ones this morning. I was home for the morning - but the postie dropped a 'we couldn't fit this package through your letterbox' card off, and was gone before I could catch him :roll: And they *can* fit a bag of coffee behind my letterbox, which is what they normally do.

Can't check when it'll be at the sorting office to collect, either - they don't seem to answer the phone :evil:
jon

RE: royal mail beans delivery - arggggghhhh

Postby Gadders » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:44 pm

Ahhhggr i know the feeling! =@
Gadders

Postby Steve » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:44 pm

<cry> :(
Steve
Founder Member

Postby robpow » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:10 pm

I had this too, sometimes the beans bunch up inside the bag and it gets a too bulky to fit throught the letterbox but if squished flat a bit it can actually fit. Of cource Mr nice postman wont try and flatten your envelope just to make it fit.... ;)
robpow

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:00 pm

Nightmare :(
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby jon » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:16 pm

Not only did the postie not squish the beans through the letterbox, they also decided that they would rather spend a minute filling out a card saying they tried to deliver and then spend a couple of minutes ringing the bell so I could go to the door to get the package. Arggghh. Again.

I've now finished the v stale tesco beans that I used to dial my grinder in, and am on the tea. Not that I have a problem :)

On the plus-side, just had some wine arrive (Laithwaites have been doing a stupidly cheap introductory offer, so as long as the stuff is drinkable I'm happy :) ). Not that that makes up for the lack of coffee, though...
jon

Postby technojock » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:19 pm

The postie once came to my house, saw there wasn't a car on the drive, and didn't bother knocking - just filled in the card, popped it through the letterbox, and left. I wasn't a happy bunny that day. I usually get stuff delivered to my work address now.

That said, orders have come through in only a day before, which never ceases to amaze me. I have this mental picture of Steve sitting next to a PC, waiting for orders to come in...when the "you've got mail" ping sounds, he roasts the order, and the postie picks it up later on. I know it's not a realistic picture, but I can't help it.
: Heatgun / Dualit / French Press / Aeropress :
technojock

Postby Gouezeri » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:08 pm

technojock wrote: I have this mental picture of Steve...

Believe me, the "reality" is far far worse... and involves footie shirts :roll:
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby jon » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:33 pm

My hasbean orders usually do arrive next day - if it wasn't so reliable, I wouldn't have risked running out :lol:
jon

re

Postby dsc » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:40 pm

Hi,

I'm still amazed that 99% of the orders from Steve only take one day to get to me (I get them the next day after they are dispatched). I'm pretty sure the man has a pact with the devil (RoyalMail) and that small imps collect the packages from the roastery:)

Of course there were a couple of times when the postman didn't even bother calling my apartment using the entry phone system (and I know because it calls my cell). I guess now they switched the postman and he happily leaves the packages near the mailboxes inside the building so I can pick it up when I come from work:)

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

RE: re

Postby robpow » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:48 am

Reminds me of the story when Ikea sent a glass shelf through Parcelforce.... let's just say there was a bag of glass sitting by our front door and when we complained to Ikea they refused to collect it quoting Health and Safety... :evil:
Last edited by robpow on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
robpow

Re: RE: re

Postby Steve » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:49 am

robpow wrote:Reminds me of the story when Ikea sent a glass shelf through Parcelforce.... let's just say there was a bag of glass sitting by our front door and when we compained to Ikea they refused to collect it quoting Health and Safety... :evil:

Parcel Farce at there very best
Steve
Founder Member

Postby jon » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:53 am

They haven't redelivered :( The word for the day is arghhhh
jon

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:55 am

jon wrote:On the plus-side, just had some wine arrive (Laithwaites have been doing a stupidly cheap introductory offer, so as long as the stuff is drinkable I'm happy :) ). Not that that makes up for the lack of coffee, though...

I'm surprised they didn't somehow manage to force the wine bottles through the letterbox! :roll: :(

jon wrote:They haven't redelivered :( The word for the day is arghhhh

Truely awful service without a doubt :(
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby jon » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:56 am

LOL. The courier were quite able to find a safe place for 15 bottles of wine. Royal Mail couldn't manage with a little bag of beans...
jon

Next

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping