Venice

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Venice

Postby Kaz » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:22 am

Just back from a week in Venice. The Caffe del Doge (Rialto) was recommended to us by a local shopkeeper as a place to have breakfast after we'd done our shopping in the Rialto market - we weren't disappointed. Customers were almost exclusively locals. There's a link to a video of the Rialto bar on the right hand side of the page under Play our Videos (starts off with the inevitable gondolas).
Pavoni Europiccola | Bodum drip cafetiere | Neapolitan flip pots x 3 | French press x 2 | Mocha stove top | Swiss gold filter | Zass maunal grinder | Prima popper
Kaz

RE: Venice

Postby bruceb » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:39 am

Yes! I can certainly verify that. I went back there a number of times. Highly recommended. Image
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby Kaz » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:07 pm

And not expensive. Two lattes and 2 brioche alla crema (feather-light, and scrummy) - 4 euros the lot. And we sat down.
Pavoni Europiccola | Bodum drip cafetiere | Neapolitan flip pots x 3 | French press x 2 | Mocha stove top | Swiss gold filter | Zass maunal grinder | Prima popper
Kaz

Postby Sarion » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:01 pm

Hi all,

Just back from 2 weeks in Italy, and I went to Caffe del Doge after finding it here on the forum.

It is excellent! They have a lot of different coffees to choose from: their 2 espresso blends, but also about 8 specials. They have 8 Mazzer Mini Es that grind the special coffees in, nice! Then they use a Brasilia lever machine to make your shot. Great stuff, and at a great price, too. Normal espresso 90 cents, specials 1,20 or 1,50 for an Australian Mountain special.

It is in an alley called "Calle Dei Cinque", these are the coordinates on Google Maps: 45.438116, 12.334428 As mentioned, very close to the Rialto bridge (Ponte di Rialto)

Thanks for tipping me, I would have never found it otherwise!
tell me I`m mad
you're a fine one to decide

Izzo Alex Duetto iii, Mazzer Mini E mod A, Gene Cafe, Grindenstein
Sarion

Postby Kaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:24 am

Glad you enjoyed it. It is rather tucked away - good idea to give the coordinates.
Kaz

Return to Places to drink coffee