Excellent espresso in Athens!

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Excellent espresso in Athens!

Postby petikas » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:55 pm

I just had my best espresso ever, in Evergreen in athens, I was attracted to the place by the 3 group synesso they have there and figured that a place with a machine like that has to have decent coffee. Well they do, more than decent, excellent. They also have a Mazzer Robur and a clover. I was tempted to order something from the clover but it was too hot today.
I also noticed that they roast their own coffee.
The sandwiches were good too.
I shall be returning there tomorrow!
PID Gaggia Classic/Mazzer Mini E
Reg Barber tamper/Grindenstein knockbox
petikas

RE: Excellent espresso in Athens!

Postby lukas » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:36 pm

Hey Petros, happy you finally found a place in Athens! You seemed so frustrated at times with the coffee in greece. I believe there is only one (1) cafe in germany that has a compareable technical setup :)
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby petikas » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:59 pm

I'm frustrated about Cyprus which has no good coffee, Greece is better way better it seems. A greek barista won this year's coffee in good spirits competition!
During my stroll around Athens today I spotted a few more cafes with nice setups (e.g. 3group La Marzocco, 3 group La Cimbali).
petikas

Postby Styles » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:15 pm

Not only is Evergreen Athens' best venue for coffee, but the guys there are so delightfully friendly and accommodating.

I was lucky enough to work with a couple of them for a week, and have dinner and beers with the two Antonis's when I was there. Great guys.

Kyle Glanville, and Tonx (I think) did the original setup and training for them. They're serious about good coffee and appropriate investment.
Styles

Postby BillyT » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:57 pm

What is the address? I was asking around last time I was in town, and no one new? Might be there next week...
Linea
Anfim
Anfim
Santos
BillyT

Postby petikas » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:37 pm

If memory serves me right, you take sub to the Panepistimio station, and then exit the station from the stairs that take you to Korai street (there are signs). Once out of the station on Korai street Evergreen is right there by the station exit next to a *$$.
petikas

Postby Aadje » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:30 pm

The past week I was in Greece and also in Athens 2 days. By accident (!) I stumbled upon this place. I was very pleased after a week on a boat to get a very good espresso :D Somehow it makes me believe in faith (or just plain luck). I didn't even know it was discussed here on the forum.

The barista and I had some nice chats and when he found out I was a barista too, he immediatly made an espresso, for free :)
Attachments
Cappadoppio.jpg
Cappa and a doppio!
Cappadoppio.jpg (84.9 KiB) Viewed 6257 times
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby Bertie_Doe » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:16 pm

We plan to go to Crete in the Spring, before it gets too hot. When there, we'll take the ferry to Athens and I will check out Evergreen.
Isomacs Zaffiro and SuperGiada
Hottop and Precision roasters
ECM/Pasquini K2 and Aerolatte grinders
Dental vibrator
dbl/16g/44ml
Bertie_Doe

Postby Styles » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:00 am

Those directions are perfect.

Yeah, I really can't speak highly enough about Evergreen, and especially Antonis who roasts for them. They really are a shining beacon in a sea of despair....
Styles

Return to Places to drink coffee