A big "thank you"

For the announcement stuff that used to go in the feedback forum

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

A big "thank you"

Postby phil » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:10 pm

A big "thank you" is in order to Lee and the good folks at Titan Internet.

"Why", you ask?

Well, you probably didn't notice - but TMC moved to a new server over the weekend.

One of the main reasons that the move was so smooth was the absolutely top quality customer service from Titan Internet. Titan are the company that built TMC's new server for us, and they are maintaining it for us in their rack space at Telehouse (London Docklands).

(For the cognoscenti, this is called a "co-location" service).

Our warmest thanks from everyone at TMC to Lee and the guys at Titan - positively the best Internet company I've ever come across, bar none. If anyone reading this is in the market for hosting or even just internet access services, they could do worse than give these guys a look.

(Disclaimer - yeah I know that TMC is strictly non-commercial and the above sounds suspiciously like advertising - but in my defence Titan really are totally excellent, and telling the world about them is a really good way of saying "thanks for everything". Other than being dead chuffed that they're looking after TMC Internet's new server for me, I have no association with them).
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby michel » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:18 pm

imho Lee (and his crew) did a smooth/excellent job... and Phil did a great job sharing his delight with us...
Thanks to both of you.
A kitchen without espresso-gear is like a body without a soul.
michel

Postby phil » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:28 pm

Just so I'm clear (so you don't sling future mud at Lee):

The person to blame for all of the software is yours truly, having built the machine up from a bare operating system kernel and ssh command line alone over the last few weeks. Titan built the hardware and host it in their rack space. They provide the network infrastructure and the technical support to manage the domain name servers (which thankfully they've taken over for me).

If anything goes wrong with any software you have only me to blame, not Lee et al. It's TMC Internet's box.

Titan do really good hosting packages, but being a darned know-it-all too-big-for-his-boots type I went and designed my own machine anyway. :roll:
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby quink » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:48 am

phil wrote: having built the machine up from a bare operating system kernel and ssh command line alone over the last few weeks.

Rather you than me, Phil :lol: good job though.
quink

Postby Raf » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:00 pm

Looks really good, Phil. And it zaps at considerable speed!
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Ian » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:29 am

phil wrote: ...having built the machine up from a bare operating system kernel and ssh command line alone over the last few weeks...

...I went and designed my own machine anyway...

Now, that's what I call a techno-boffin!

It's much faster than previously. Good job!

Cheers
Ian

Return to Site Announcements