Living the dream...my own shop >just happy<

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Living the dream...my own shop >just happy<

Postby Joey » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:18 am

Hi folks!

Can't join you much recently, but I guess you'll understand.
Today I went to bed at 8:30 AM :shock: and stood up at 3PM for my evening shift - we have had a booked party at our place. It was so great - one of the most famous DJs was responsible for the best music blends I have heard for a long time. We beamed "La Linea" and "Mr. Rossi" Cartoons on one wall, and had some light effects in the room like in a discotheque and catered food. It was a blast - great - so much fun! I didn't have the time to go out for a while, but having a place like that means: Almost every day one or more of your friends visit you. You make a lot of new friends, you get nice regulars who make their parties at your place - you get the best DJ - and YOU GET PAID FOR THAT, TOO!!!! :D Wonderful.
Downside - we have to be opened longer then I wanted to because we get a lot of customers from the theatre, and as the´re is no descent bar in the surrounding area, people demand cocktails. So we are a coffe house during the day, and a coffee bar in the evening :wink:
In the future we will have a barkeeper and a DJ on Fridays - special night entertainment = more customers.
Sure, I sleep less, and everytime the phone rings I am afraid it's the shop calling me that they are out of something, but still - I haven'T had so much fun and noce talks with people for a long time. Everything and everyone around me is positive, friendly...... of course I have my anger moments, too, when employees forget stuff, or don't make things right, but that's a part of it. I learned a lot in the last 6 weeks from all these situations. And tomorrow Marcy (bean-believer) will join me for the next couple of weeks because she is dreaming about her own shop, too. I really love to show her everyting, and give a lot of advices so that she can avoid some mistakes I made in the beginning.....
Anyway - I am just talking here, pardon me, it's late, I came home earlier as usual, and I can'T sleep yet, but I am happy. Just wanted to share.... thanks for reading, hope to see you all one day... :oops:

What about a TMC meeting in Vienna in spring?

happy joey
Attachments
djbunani.jpg
"Hmmmm, which button should I pick now..." (DJ Bunani at the party yesterday)
djbunani.jpg (86.17 KiB) Viewed 5083 times
luke.jpg
not at the party, but any other time: luke cleaning the steamwand...
luke.jpg (103.34 KiB) Viewed 5083 times
alex-valerie.jpg
2 of my girls
alex-valerie.jpg (106.36 KiB) Viewed 5083 times
"Latte" is french for "you've paid too much for your coffee"
Joey

Postby Raf » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:50 am

Thanks for the update, Joey! Sorry we couldn't make it to Vienna.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Beanie » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:40 am

hey Raf - well, one of us could :D Arrived late this afternoon. It's such a nice, warm, welcoming atmosphere in there. Everyone's friendly.... but even better... I had my first proper espresso. Never thought I could drink it straight! And to celebrate the occasion, I started with a Jamaican Blue Mountain :D I can definitely say, I've never tasted anything like it. Later on, split a double Kenya Peaberry with Joey. I'm soooo looking forward to tasting the other 38 beans.

I have so much to learn!! I mean, really! Who knew? Okay, okay :lol: you guys did!! :D

So, who's next on the visiting list?
Beanie

Postby MKSwing » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:23 am

Bean_Believer wrote:So, who's next on the visiting list?

My wife surprisingly liked the idea of a TMC trip for a week end to to Vienna. I have to hide the pictures with the 2 ladies... Hey, how you d... AHEM. Time to go to bed.
Stephane Cataldi
Coffee keeps your spirit levels high !
MKSwing

Postby alans » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:00 pm

What a dream! Sounds damn good, wonder if I can get over before I'm back over the other side of the world....
alans

Postby Beanie » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:21 am

MKSwing,

From another woman's perspective... why hide the pictures? maybe you need to find some hot sexy male model, photoshop it into the picture, and THEN show it to your wife... perhaps THEN she'll want to come :lol:

Then again, maybe it's just better showing her pictures of chocolates!! :lol:

alans,

The other side of the world?
Beanie

Postby Joey » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:12 am

Stephane, Marcy is right. Show her our "new staff" :lol:

Joey
Attachments
Chippendales-MCstaff.jpg
They can't make good coffee yet, but women love their mooooves.... ;-D
Chippendales-MCstaff.jpg (125.45 KiB) Viewed 4999 times
"Latte" is french for "you've paid too much for your coffee"
Joey

Postby Beanie » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:42 am

Great one, Joey!!! I can hardly wait to go into the shop tomorrow!!! :twisted:

Hmmm... think they might also be the perfect conduit for serving the chocolate covered coffee beans? That way you get both the staff and the chocolate in one picture for your wife!!! Ever seen the movie "The cook, the thief, his wife and her lover"?
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby MKSwing » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:12 am

joey wrote:Stephane, Marcy is right. Show her our "new staff" :lol:

Joey

ROTFL !!!!!!!!
But... Where did you find a picture of me ??? 8)
Stephane Cataldi
Coffee keeps your spirit levels high !
MKSwing

Return to Off Topic