TMC2 next stage

For the announcement stuff that used to go in the feedback forum

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

TMC2 next stage

Postby phil » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:47 pm

Hiya

1. We have introduced a series of new articles for the front page of TMC. The first one is by Steve Leighton and is about the film "Black Gold" and the so-called "Fair Trade" business model.

2. You can now subscribe to an RSS feed of both the latest forum posts (excluding those in the Clubroom of course) and the latest front page articles. People using either Firefox or Internet Explorer 7 can subscribe from the usual icon link on the URL bar. People using earlier versions of IE or other browsers that don't respond to XML+RSS links in the page header can get to the feeds through the following links:

http://www.toomuchcoffee.com/xBackends. ... e=PNphpBB2 (forums)

http://www.toomuchcoffee.com/index.php? ... =1&tpl=RSS (front page news / articles)

The wiki that I promised many months ago has been in test for ages but has been held up by difficulties in resourcing the final shakedown testing. I hope that it will be with you in the next couple of weeks.

Finally, the member-supplied content feature has been in testing for a couple of months but I have been held up trying to find the time to complete the debugging of the implementation of the Xinha WYSIWYG editing control. Really soon, I hope, folks :)

Toodles

Phil
Last edited by phil on Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

RE: TMC2 next stage

Postby Sunnyfield » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:28 am

Fantastic feature! :D

Is there any sorting order in the RSS? I just used the RSS reader on my WM6 Smartphone and messages are listed in seemingly random order. Certainly not sorted in a chronological order.

Given the high number of posts each day, I am quite happy to see more than the last 15 posts. Is that possible?

Thanks again!
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Postby espressomattic » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:38 am

Way cool...thanks Phil and Team :D
espressomattic

Postby wvb » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:49 am

great work guys!
am looking forward to even more cool stuuf :)
Expobar Brewtus II
Mazzer Mini E Type A
wvb

Postby Steve » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:30 am

Very cool feature, nice work. I love RSS, and can whole heatedly recommend bloglines (www.bloglines.com) as a great aggregater. I watch over 120 feeds from it, and its a nice feature to have their notifier that tells you when something is updated without having to open up the page.
Steve
Founder Member

Postby phil » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:20 am

Eward

The SQL for the retrieval of the posts specifies order by post time descending, as I for one would expect.

I just took a quick look and that seems to be being honoured. If you can provide me with evidence to the contrary mate, please send me an email with a screen shot and the time that it was taken at and I'll take a look.

Cheers
Last edited by phil on Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby Glenn » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:11 pm

Looks great Team.

Well on the way to becoming the all-singing-all-dancing Coffee resource for Europe that is desperately lacking in the marketplace.
Gaggia Classic | Mahlkonig Vario | Chemex | Aeropress | Refractometer & Extract Mojoâ„¢ | mypressi TWISTâ„¢ | Reg Barber Copper Base Tamper | and only the best beans
Glenn

Postby lukas » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:50 pm

yeeehaa!
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby chemistone » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:25 pm

I've installed the RSS feed for TMC on my browser (firefox). When I log in to the forum the new posts are not marked yellow as before. Can I change that? It is handy when browsing the forum.
As a final touch God created the Dutch

Mazzer mini, ECM Giotto²
chemistone

Postby Sunnyfield » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:14 am

Phil, I use Info Feed (v 2.2.0.419) by Jeyo, Inc. (http://www.jeyo.com) on my Smartphone. I do not know how to produce a screenshot. The order appears completely random and certainly is not chronological. It is not a huge deal, but if there are three new posts in one thread, I cannot distinct which post was posted first.

I think chemistone has a point in that the RSS does not mark messages as read. From a technological point of view I can understand that is very hard to implement. The "problem" now is that the RSS feed only gives the last 15 posts. So if there are more than 15 new posts since the last time I checked I will never see these in my RSS. If I then go to the forum to read these missed messages, I cannot distinguish in the forum which posts I have seen on my RSS already and which ones are older unread messages. I hope you are still with me! :? I think the best workaround is to expand the RSS to the last 50 or perhaps 75 messages. At least I can read all posts from that day on my RSS. When I then go to the forum I can safely click on "Mark all messages read". Just a though! :-)
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Return to Site Announcements