Call for content

Tell us what you think or what problems you had

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Call for content

Postby phil » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:59 pm

Following up on the content of the thread about 2nd hand CDs (well it was in the "Off Topic forum :roll: ) I decided to make the request official.

Anybody wants to write an article for the site, please just do it and submit it to me. I may discuss the content with you a little (on behalf of the group), but generally all I'll do is just publish it for you. Longer term I hope to be in a place where everyone just publishes their articles without my intervention.

Pictures, movies, even audio content - no problem (I think).

All I feel we should ask is that the article be related to the site's subject matter, coffee.

As a starter position, Neku is looking at an article about Coffee in Brussels and DrZeus has been asked if he'll do an article about (coffee in?) Europe from an American's perspective (having recently relocated). Eeffoc may want to write about the joys of setting up a small commercial roasting facility. Eward - well both Eward and I can bang on about anything at the drop of a hat. So how about a topic, Eward?

OK everyone?
phil
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:10 pm

I agree about the coffee related thing in general, but in John's case I'm really curious how an American feels when confronted with the ancient and somewhat idiosyncratic Portuguese he encounters :-P. I lived in the US myself as a kid, so I'm curious about people who travel the other way around.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

my topic

Postby Sunnyfield » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:20 pm

How to get more out of the IMEX. To be expected on an undisclosed date.
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Ah

Postby phil » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:51 pm

Actually I was going to ask you to contribute on a subject you know something about Eward - like how to PID an espresso machine.

Surely you can't resist the offer? :lol:
phil
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:47 am

Heh. Very curious about that PID too ;)
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Gadders » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:09 am

If you fancy any photos off my flickr set feel free :)
Gadders

Postby lukas » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:52 am

He Aadje, how about getting along in the espresso world totally cheap? :) :D
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby Sunnyfield » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:47 am

I still have the PID pictures from 4 years ago. I might make some sort of picture tutorial on "How to PID a Vibiemme Domobar".
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Postby lukas » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:01 pm

I was thinking about a section with pros, cons and howtos on how to brew coffee. e.g. paperfilter, aeropress, french press, vacpot, swissgold - and what grind and what which is best for.

This theme comes up with me every so often I change my mind about what brewing method I like most. The latest change was from gold-filtered aeropress to hand-paper-filtered one cup ;), and I slowly realize that each method has it's own very distinct qualities. Especially when you drink a cup of hand filtered coffee, and a few minutes later brew an excellent espresso of the very same beans ;)
Lukas

--
lukas

Postby kingseven » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:17 pm

I don't have much spare time at the moment but if its ok with Lucas I could do a How To/Article on the Chemex?
http://www.jimseven.com

I'll never own too many items with which to enjoy coffee.
kingseven

Postby Raf » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:52 pm

Sunnyfield wrote:I still have the PID pictures from 4 years ago. I might make some sort of picture tutorial on "How to PID a Vibiemme Domobar".

At last! I'll call Phil! :twisted:

Raf
Founder Member

Postby lukas » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:32 pm

Would be great, Jim. I really like the idea of a guideline or howto for each brewing method, having in mind how I struggle with unfamiliar methods.
Lukas

--
lukas

Postby scook94 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:58 pm

kingseven wrote:I don't have much spare time at the moment but if its ok with Lucas I could do a How To/Article on the Chemex?

Jim,
As the proud owner of a new Chemex, I'm wondering if you ever got round to writing this? I had a look at the "How to's" but couldn't find it.

Thanks,
Steven.
Izzo Vivi | Mazzer SJ Doserless | Gene Cafe
scook94

Postby lukas » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:34 pm

Glad that you bring this thread up again. I started writing an article thingy a few weeks ago and needed a bit of prodding to get back to it ... having a few train journeys in the next days I should be able to work a bit more on it! I don't have a Chemex, though.
Lukas

--
lukas

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:40 pm

Content contributions are always gratefully received :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Next

Return to Forum Feedback