Helpful Suggestion !

Tell us what you think or what problems you had

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Helpful Suggestion !

Postby phil2spill » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:56 pm

Hi Dom/Phil/Raf,

I was wondering: would it be possible to arrange it so that every time someone types that toe-curling meaningless made-up non-word contraction "pr*sumer", they get a near-fatal electric shock through their keyboard? Thanks!

Phil2

(Maybe something for TMC II?) :o
Ground suitable for all coffee makers
phil2spill

Postby espressomattic » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:32 am

Prosu.....OWWWWWWW :shock: :shock: :shock:
espressomattic

Postby phil2spill » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:42 pm

Sorry, yesterday was a trying day with only bad coffee, and the p-word got both barrels. Maybe just a mildly unpleasant shock would suffice then? :wink: :mrgreen:
phil2spill

Postby Gouezeri » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:40 pm

I know where you're coming from Phil. The problem is TMC demi-god Phil has all his time commited to trying to come up with a spell checker for Leighton's posts... :twisted: then there's the innuendo checker for Mallet's posts, and Breako's posts permanently break things, last but not least, there's the new interface for when George is testing one of his inventions in a different time space continuum. Beyond that I really wouldn't want people to think we advocate censorship around here... other than editing out any posts with young women in them, as it causes havoc with Cakey's blood pressure :wink:
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby espressomattic » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:43 am

I think a spam blocker for all those Moderator post from Soapy needs to come online and soon :P
espressomattic

Postby Gouezeri » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:54 am

Ask Steve, he's got plenty of those :wink:
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby monkey66 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:34 am

I know a good prosumer level spellchecker plug-in which recognises such new words as:

BAGGRAVATION, n. A feeling of annoyance and anger one endures at the airport when his bags have not arrived at the baggage carousel but everyone else's bags have [blend formed from words bag and aggravation].
Context and source: "Nancy couldn't help but feel baggravation as she watched other passengers get their luggage and leave the airport." (Internet)

BFE , adj. Very far away: Beyond Fu**ing Egypt. also B.F.E., b.f.e. [Acronym. Egypt was chosen somewhat arbitrarily as a country on the opposite side of the world. Variant: Bomfoq Egypt]
Context and source: "My car is parked BFE!" (Conversation)

CADILLACING, v. Slang. Relaxing. syn. chilling.
Context and source: "He didn't work at all. He was just cadillacing." (Conversation)

CARJACKING, n. An incident by which a usually armed individual coerces the driver of an automobile to give up his vehicle or drive it and the assailant to some specified location [blend of car and hijacking ].
Context and source: "A carjacking at the corner of Cherry Lane and the Interstate 30 access road has left local residents shocked." (KXAS Local News, 9-28-96)

DISORIENT EXPRESS, n. A state of confusion. [novel formation].
Context and Source: "I felt like I was on the Disorient Express for good this time."(Newsweek 11/14/96)

EATERS COMA, n. A condition characterized by sluggishness, sleepiness, and often a lack of motivation to do anything but rest/relax or sleep; a condition whose onset occurs shortly after a meal, usually dinner.
Context and source: "I have a lot of homework to do, but I just ate a big dinner and now I've got eaters coma." (Conversation)

EMOTICON, n. A symbol, usually found in e-mail messages, made up of punctuation marks that resembles a human expression. [Blend of emotion and icon]
Contex and source: " I received a strange symbol at the end of an e-mail and was informed that it is called and emoticon."

FANTABULOUS, adj. beyond fabulous. [blend of fantastic and fabulous]
Context and source: "It's fantabulous!" (Conversaton with classmate Amir Brown)
adj. Excellent, superlative, both fabulous and fantastic. [blend of fantastic and fabulous]
Context and source: "This fantabulous four-poster bed can be yours..." (Television advert)

FRO-YO, n. A frosty, creamy dessert; frozen yogurt. [clipping of frozen yogurt]
Context and source: "Chocolate fro-yo is my favorite dessert!" (Conversation)

FUNKINETICS, n. a very energetic form of step aerobics that mixes exercise and soul music. [Blend of funk and kinetics (motion).]
Context and source: If you like soul music and aerobics, you'll like funkinetics. (KPRC Houston 10pm news)

GLOBOBOSS, n. A cosmopolitan executive that has the ability to perform well across the globe.
Context and Source: "Wanted a globoboss who's at home anywhere and sings the same tune- profits- everywhere." (Newsweek 12/2/96)

JAPANIMATION, n. A type of cartoon or animation originating in Japan carrying robotic and futuristic themes.
Also refers to the style of animation. The characters have a distinctive type of appearance, usually incorporating a lock of hair hanging in front of an eye, and nudity.
Also known as anime. [Blend of Japan and animation].

MEANDERTHAL, n. An annoying individual moving slowly and aimlessly in front of another individual who is in a bit of a hurry [blend formed from meander and neanderthal ].
Context and source: "As much as he tried, Ben could do nothing to get around the meanderthal on the narrow sidewalk." (Internet)

MOTO, n. Energy for action toward a goal; motivation. [clipping of "motivation"]
Context and source: "I need some moto to go workout at the gym today."(Conversation)

NETIZEN, n. A person who spends an excessive amount of time on the Internet. [blend of Internet and citizen].
Context and Source "...investors and Netizens alike were left wondering what went wrong. ( Newsweek).

NOAH'S ARKING, v.pres.part. The state of wearing pants in which the length is hilariously short (in other words, it is more than a couple of inches above the ankle.) [Metonymic coinage. Noah's Ark refers to the great biblical flood, when the world was covered by "high water". "Noah's Arking." has replaced the earlier term flooding. A related term for the too-short pants themselves was high water pants.]
Context and source: His pants are too short. He is "Noah's Arking."

PROLLY, adv. Likely to happen, possibly occur. [elided pronunciation of "probably." Assimilation of the "b"to an "l"] Context and source: "I'm prolly going to the party tonight." (Conversation)

PSYCHODRAMATIC, adj. very crazy (psychotic) and overly dramatic. [blend of psychotic and dramatic]
Context and source: "Calm down. Stop being so psychodramatic." (Conversation)

SARCASTROPHE, n. An embarrassing and catastrophic event occurring when an individual attempts and fails to use humorous sarcasm [blend of sarcasm and catastrophe ].
Context and source: "Todd's failed attempt at humorous sarcasm resulted in a sarcastrophe at dinner." (Internet)

SPORK, n. A utensil with both bowl and tines, a combination of spoon and fork. [Blend of spoon and fork]
Context and source: "I hate these stupid plastic sporks." (Conversation)

STALKERAZZI, n. (pl. stalkerazzis) Tabloid journalist who pursues celebrities night and day, dogging their every move. [Blend of stalker and paparazzi, tabloid journalists, after eponymous character in Fellini movie. Italian plural -i reanalyzed to singular]
Context and source: "Broomfield hooks up with a pair of "stalkerazzis" who work for the tabloids..." (New Yorker 6/8/98)

TELEVANGELIST, n. An evangelist who conducts regular religious services on television. [Blend of television and evangelist]
Contex and source: "Ole Anthony and his merry band take on the televangelists." (US News, 8 December 1997)

'ZINE, n. An unprofessional periodical publication; a non-formal, home-made magazine. [clipping of magazine]
Context and source: "Until two years ago, I had no idea what a 'zine was." ( Loose Lips Sink Ships ,a 'zine)
Bezzera BZ99S with CAL PID
Mazzer Super Red
Large toolbox
monkey66

Postby Kaz » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:43 am

gouezeri wrote:
The problem is TMC demi-god Phil has all his time commited to trying to come up with a spell checker for Leighton's posts...

... committed. I could explain why but I really need to get out more.
Kaz

Postby espressomattic » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:26 pm

Hey Kaz...good to see you being able to post!! Still on IE or are you now on Firefox?
espressomattic

Postby Kaz » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:36 pm

Hello espressomatic. As long as I don't PM I'm OK for the time being. Will be getting the PC looked at and then will probably install Firefox. Kingseven also recommended it. Nice to be able to post again. :D
Kaz

Postby espressomattic » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:58 pm

Did you have a go at oven roasting yet????
espressomattic

Postby Kaz » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:49 am

espressomatic wrote
Did you have a go at oven roasting yet????

I'm waiting for some green beans to arrive and have dowloaded the article on oven roasting I found on this site (can't remember where). Will let you know how I get on - if I survive!
Kaz

Postby EspressoSquirrel » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:59 pm

i suppose a good alternative to pr*-sumer is.... con-fessional

oven roasting ere? would an AGA be any good for that? not sure if my housemates would let me though
EspressoSquirrel

Postby phil2spill » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:10 pm

espressoSquirrel wrote:i suppose a good alternative to pr*-sumer is.... con-fessional

LoL! Brilliant :D
phil2spill

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:34 pm

gouezeri wrote:I know where you're coming from Phil. The problem is TMC demi-god Phil has all his time commited to trying to come up with a spell checker for Leighton's posts... :twisted: then there's the innuendo checker for Mallet's posts, and Breako's posts permanently break things, last but not least, there's the new interface for when George is testing one of his inventions in a different time space continuum. Beyond that I really wouldn't want people to think we advocate censorship around here... other than editing out any posts with young women in them, as it causes havoc with Cakey's blood pressure :wink:

Oh girls :P .... :oops: heck where are my pills :(
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Forum Feedback