Coffee Machines on Credit?

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:08 pm

Postby Davec » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:24 pm

Anonymous wrote:OK, well I think that the credit idea is a no go for now, but does anyone have any sugesstions on what coffee lovers would like to see available?

Like AlanP says, bonus points, store cards etc are pointless in your eyes! I am from a customer service background so am sure I will be able to apply that to the customers, only thing is trying to draw customers to us.

I see websites like www.pennineteandcoffee.co.uk, www.hookedoncoffee.co.uk & www.go-coffee.co.uk already but I want to be better.

Any suggestions?

Yeah, have the following:

- Deep pockets (to purchase stock)
- Prepared to wait a year to come into profit
- Hire engineers for service and support (cos its bought out warranties usually)
- Have some cash put aside for spare parts to sell/service machines
- Be prepared to exchange faulty machines for new ones and sell the faulty ones at a loss (or ask customers to wait 2-6 weeks while you wait for parts and fix it.
- Carry lots of insurance
- Find a decent corier who won't play football with the machines.
- Have a telephone support line
- Have the relationships with the manufacturers (easier said than done)

It's not that easy.....but good luck.

Or.......just be a box shifter :roll: :shock:
Davec

Postby RobC » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:35 pm

You didn't mention www.bellabarista.co.uk which I find strange as this forum is jam packed with references to them - I mention them because I think they already fill quite a large chunk of the gap you are thinking of filling - that is range of machines, price for the quality you get, customer service (where members have had problems they have been dealt with swiftly in the end and this would be at the cost of the supplier).

I'm not advertising them (as many people who know me will understand), but from what I have experienced on this forum they are pushing all the right buttons for the home market and are a presence to be reckoned with.

Why not join TMC, and learn the market from the inside. Instead of trying to work out what TMC members want, be one and start making coffee. Get your machine, grinder, start making coffee and then you will see what it is all about - all will become clear when you pull that perfect shot of espresso !

Rob.
Long forgotton Tech and Coffee Equipment guru.
Twitter: @c0ff33a
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take a look at my life and realise there's none left 'Cause I've been brassing and laughing so long that Even my mamma thinks that my mind is gone
RobC

Previous

Return to Open House