knock out drawer

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Beanie » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:04 pm

You see George, I told you... if you want the L'Anna from Cakey, just let me know *sigh* :roll: Okay...shhhh... a little secret... go visit Cakey, then distract him with a 1L bottle of Maple Syrup (made in Quebec) and a bottle of Clamato (a recipe for Bloody Caesar would be a nice touch too so he can get busy making his drink right away). And while he's busy thanking you profusely for your gifts and excitedly starts to make his B. Caesar, you unplug the L'Anna and tell him how happy you were to make his day, and just start making your way out the door :twisted: Now, while you're backing out the door, start talking to him about Eggs Benedict or the Smoked Salmon variant of Eggs Benny.... trust me... you'll be home pulling mutilated PF shots before he even knows what happened! :twisted:
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:05 pm

Oh you cruel cruel girl :shock: . Don't trust her George, she wil turn on you :wink:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:07 pm

CakeBoy wrote:Oh you cruel cruel girl :shock: . Don't trust her George, she will turn on you :wink:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Beanie » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:22 pm

You see George, he doesn't deny it would work ;) :twisted:
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby GeorgeW » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:03 pm

On my way with a large cardboard box and a jar of Vick. :D
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby monkey66 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:24 pm

If one used some sort of compressed air system coud one create a 'Knock-out blow'?
Bezzera BZ99S with CAL PID
Mazzer Super Red
Large toolbox
monkey66

Postby bruceb » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:51 am

neocelt wrote:Hey guys, I was a little surprised not to see anyone suggest the obvious: If cost is a concern, make your own! Express yourself!

Cheers,
Nick

Right! I bought a drawer for €60 and within 3 months it came off the rails from banging and the wooden dowel finally broke so I chucked it, bought a stainless "bain marie" container from a restaurant supply place for €4,50, drilled a couple of holes, screwed a thick wooden dowel with a bit of garden hose over it and after 2 years it's still like new (picture).

Of course, if you really want a drawer... :wink:
Attachments
Knockbox.jpg
Bain Marie Knockbox
Knockbox.jpg (17.98 KiB) Viewed 25023 times
bruceb

Postby Slimboyfat » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:29 pm

I'm with neocelt on this one - galvanised paint kettle does it for me
now all I need is the bloody machine to arrive so that I can have the odd puck to get rid of!

...never knowingly underfed

expobar pulser, quickmill 031, Reg Barber Radical Pro US curve, Koenigbot, aerobie, armour plated welded 1910 hybrid german whirley, several french presses, antique nepolitana, an old stovetop, Zassenhaus that smells of pepper and a hoover attachment colander/cooler thing
Slimboyfat

Postby akallio » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:09 pm

I would probably die without a drawer knockbox. I have my grinder on top of it, so it saves a lot of precious counter space and keeps things tidy.
akallio

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:48 pm

I'm a big fan of the Grindenstein.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby mhuk » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:52 pm

any mods to delete the spam or hackers to do a denial-of-service on that domain ?

If peeing in your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis

Bezzera BZ99s * Mazzer SJ * Hottop
mhuk

Re: knock out drawer

Postby coranne » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:46 am

sally wrote:hi does anyone know where the best place to get a stainless steel knock out drawer is? I'm wanting one for as cheap as possible :lol:

Try www.europa-co.com
coranne

Postby Bertie_Doe » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:37 am

Guest wrote

$95 for a 'dump box'. Try finding the shipping costs from California to 'Yurp,. Be quick before the Mods arrive.

Slimboyfat wrote
...never knowingly underfed

Love it
QC
Isomacs Zaffiro and SuperGiada
Hottop and Precision roasters
ECM/Pasquini K2 and Aerolatte grinders
Dental vibrator
dbl/16g/44ml
Bertie_Doe

Postby syrup1971 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:00 pm

I was considering one of these to go under my grinder.

http://www.anothercoffee.co.uk/products/item190100.aspx

Figured the drawer would help keep the grounds tidy, as they fall from the doser + As Steve says for clearing unwanted grounds.

Quite expensive though.
syrup1971

Previous

Return to Open House