June TMC Party

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby chemistone » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:33 pm

I can't be there, but I hope you still have a good time without me, it will be hard but you will manage ;).
As a final touch God created the Dutch

Mazzer mini, ECM Giotto²
chemistone

Postby BazBean » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:11 pm

I had a great time and hopefully those who managed to attend enjoyed the gathering.
The small but perfectly formed group started the day before with Beany and Joris arriving on the Saturday and pitching in straight away and were an amazing help. As I knew the shop would not be ready for the grand opening the queen, heads of state and local press were put on stand by but was more than happy to receive some wonderful people and to sample a few shots.
Steve and Mrs Steve (The Real Boss) rolled up with the rear suspension of their car producing sparks all the way down the street and groaned with relief as we unloaded the “goodies”. Which Steve left to Mrs Steve and the rest of us to unload as I think he has to busy scoping out the TV situation and muttering about sacrifices and stuff like that…. Bless !!! some gorgeous coffees as usual and even a bit of the special stuff and his famous cupping kit.
More friends joined and dived into the Lanson black Label and lovely lovely fresh baked goodies made by Marcy and Sarah not a moment before. They did however scour the town on a Sunday for baking paper and even resisted the temptation and walked past all the shoe shops.
RobC arrived and went into commando mode and tweeked my machine …..that Man goes NOWHERE with out his ickle espresso repair kit, I am sure the has a full range of spare gaskets sowed into his underpants…. Thankfully my gaskets were fine !!
Mr Breeze strowled into the frame looking quite dapper and windswept …. A shock , as I was expecting him to arrive on his beast of a motor cycle and have full leather on. I believe he was struck by upgradeitis whilst there.
A few more well wishers and lots of coffee drank and the day got more frantic as footy fever arrived at which point the £30 Ariel I purchased made the players and picture look like something only Dereks Akorah could follow so we decided to drive to my home with 2 minutes to GO ! before kick off.
Remember the bit from the Italian Job…….. 3 car in convoy tearing across sunny Scarborough just so Steve did not go into spasm…….. I dunno what you do for mates?
Watched the game with no Crouch to poke fun at, and we all descended back to the shop for a few final shots and the day was done as people had long journeys home.

BB stayed a while longer before her travels took her to see more friends and then been spending time with Joris as he is staying over for a while and it has been great, the man has the most calming effect on a stress crazed individuals spirit I have ever experienced ..if only we could add it to the ristretto .!I could drink even more.

Thanks for all the messages guys and those who managed to attend my deepest thanks and for the presents and chocolates and pictures and books and coffee sweets… man if I had know this I would have opened a shop earlier.
Pics to follow (Joris took the best ones)

Barry
Knowledge can be absorbed, but passion cannot be taught !

La Spaziale S5,
La Spaziale EK 2 Group
k30 mahlkonig
Mazzer Jolly, Futurmat , MC 5 Iberital,
Brasilia RR, Macap Deli Grinder.
A growing Tamper collection
(Plus my own playground for the above- A Shop)
BazBean

Postby fred25 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:31 am

Really sorry again I couldn't come... Hope you got my message, and it seems like you had a good time!

Sincere apologies.... and look forward to see the pictures :)
fred25

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:16 pm

Well done Barry. It all sounds like a great day. Oh, an I thought that Rob's pants were MADE of spare gaskets :wink:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:16 pm

It twas a nice afternoon, and Barry's shop really looks the business. Of course, we should all remember the invite was not for one day only, Scarborough is an exclusive coastal destination on the east coast at any time of the year, so TMC members should make it a sort of pilgrimage to head over and see Baz, admire his perfect Rosetta's and then enjoy a buck she Scarboro cap - courtesy of the local Seagulls - best washed off quick though!

Postby Gouezeri » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:34 pm

Thanks for that Rob :twisted:
do try to remember to login next time you want to post.... probably one of his gaskets was digging into somewhere it shouldn't :wink:
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby RobC » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:39 pm

I have no idea how you knew it was my post, for some reason TMC keeps randomly logging me while I am writing a post - must be Phils new Idiot Filter - very perceptive it is. Either that or I have exceeded my Carling quota so my posts are being blocked.

I never really want to post, it's the voices in my head that tell me to....
Long forgotton Tech and Coffee Equipment guru.
Twitter: @c0ff33a
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take a look at my life and realise there's none left 'Cause I've been brassing and laughing so long that Even my mamma thinks that my mind is gone
RobC

Postby Gouezeri » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:50 pm

S'alright Rob, no reason to be paranoid, I'm not really watching your every move... you've almost run out of beer there mate, better open a new can... oops :twisted:
Gouezeri

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:16 am

Beats spilling hot Harrar on your trousers anyday :wink:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Beanie » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:49 am

RobC wrote:I never really want to post, it's the voices in my head that tell me to....

Hmm... would've thought Cakey would've claimed that line long ago ;) :P

Anyway, I'm glad I went :D Apart from a great shop, company was just over the top :D :D A superb day, in a superb place, having superb coffee with superb people :D :D :D It was really nice to meet Sarah (yeah yeah yeah, we yakked and yakked and could've yakked some more) and see Mr. Sarah again too. Joris is a (shiney ;)) star and Johnny Breeze was lucky to get away with his new acquisition (damnit ;) :P) I hope you're appreciating that little piece of magic there ;) I didn't get to speak with RobC much... oh who am I kidding... he would barely have had a chance to speak :P Barry is not only a wonderful host and makes you feel at home with a warm friendly smile but he was working hard to perfect those lovely drinks! Hmmm... I think Barry must have lots of eyes on the streets... how else could he have known we desperately fought the shoe-shop temptations and tried to focus on finding waxed paper :P ?

The shop looks fantastic from the outside... so classy it's nearly "toxic" ;). The cozy warm interior.. well, that's Barry :)

As Barry mentioned, our day in Scarberia started a day earlier and I'm just as glad about that. I wish I had taken photos of the shop on Saturday so you could've seen the totally unbelievable transformation by Sunday. I'm still amazed how they pulled it off! I didn't really help as much as Barry claims... just putting together a chair or two (if you sit on one of them and it gives way - Joris did that one :P) and holding up some of the pictures so Joris could hang it up. Thanks Barry for the opportunity to leave a little imprint of myself there too (now, now boys, behave :P)
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:23 am

Bean_Believer wrote:Thanks Barry for the opportunity to leave a little imprint of myself there too (now, now boys, behave :P)

Hmmm, a small TMC trivia quiz appears to be in order boys :P

:?: Where on earth is the "Beany Dent" situated :?: :shock:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby BazBean » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:29 am

Leave that dent alone ... it will be buffed and polished untill her return!
candles are lit and the shrine is given offerings of ground coffee every morning.
Knowledge can be absorbed, but passion cannot be taught !

La Spaziale S5,
La Spaziale EK 2 Group
k30 mahlkonig
Mazzer Jolly, Futurmat , MC 5 Iberital,
Brasilia RR, Macap Deli Grinder.
A growing Tamper collection
(Plus my own playground for the above- A Shop)
BazBean

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:45 am

Coach loads of Japanese tourists, old folk from Clacton, Cherie Blair (for a fee), David Beckham (wrong turning), anyone with a faulty SatNav, the Scarborough Womens' Institute "Dent Worship and Homemade Jam" Section, Cliff Richard, the ghost of Ollie Reed, Joe Pasquale and Lilly Savage's wig. They will all come to light a candle, honour the dent and drink the finest coffee in the north east :roll: :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby Gouezeri » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:35 pm

CakeBoy wrote:Coach loads of Japanese tourists, old folk from Clacton, Cherie Blair (for a fee), David Beckham (wrong turning), anyone with a faulty SatNav, the Scarborough Womens' Institute "Dent Worship and Homemade Jam" Section, Cliff Richard, the ghost of Ollie Reed, Joe Pasquale and Lilly Savage's wig. They will all come to light a candle, honour the dent and drink the finest coffee in the north east :roll: :P

Leave my Auntie's wig out of this :shock: :lol:
Come on Baz, we want more pictures... particularly of queues running down the street from monday onwards!
Gouezeri

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:50 pm

gouezeri wrote:
CakeBoy wrote:Coach loads of Japanese tourists, old folk from Clacton, Cherie Blair (for a fee), David Beckham (wrong turning), anyone with a faulty SatNav, the Scarborough Womens' Institute "Dent Worship and Homemade Jam" Section, Cliff Richard, the ghost of Ollie Reed, Joe Pasquale and Lilly Savage's wig. They will all come to light a candle, honour the dent and drink the finest coffee in the north east :roll: :P

Leave my Auntie's wig out of this :shock: :lol:
Come on Baz, we want more pictures... particularly of queues running down the street from monday onwards!

Thought it was your wig ......... why else are you in drag Lil?! :shock: :wink: :lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

PreviousNext

Return to Open House