June TMC Party

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Beanie » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:21 pm

2 more sleeps :D :D :D
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:28 pm

BazBean wrote:But RobC :? ...pants must ACTUALLY be worn is that clear ?

AND not just pants, please! :shock: :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby RobC » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:37 pm

BazBean wrote:But RobC :? ...pants must ACTUALLY be worn is that clear ?

Look Baz, you should have been more clear. When you said bring my machine over, Nekkid - you should have specified the portafilts were the nekkid bit. Anyway, with luck the ASBO will have expired by Sunday...
Long forgotton Tech and Coffee Equipment guru.
Twitter: @c0ff33a
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take a look at my life and realise there's none left 'Cause I've been brassing and laughing so long that Even my mamma thinks that my mind is gone
RobC

Postby Beanie » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:21 pm

1 more sleep (IF I can sleep tonight) and we're there :D :D Okay, 2 more sleeps for the rest of you :P

Ooohh better go start figuring what to pack :? :roll:
Last edited by Beanie on Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby Joris » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:25 pm

Fortunately I already finished packing :D
Veni, Vidi, Imbibi Coffea !

Bezzera Lever Machine (customized)
Doserless Mazzer Major
"Juggernaut" Homebuilt Roaster
Aeropress, Vacpots, presspots and mokkapots
Joris

Postby Steve » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:26 pm

Yes sorry but I won’t be attending as I may need to be called up to help out in Germany. What with Owen gone I may need to dust of the boots. But if Sven doesn’t call by 8am Sunday morning, I'll set off.

I hope you realise what pain I'm going through for you here Barry, I cant remember the last time I watched an England game sober, and they way its gone so far this tournament the alcohol works as a anaesthetic. But I have to drive home so a coffee only zone :)
Steve
Founder Member

Postby Beanie » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:28 pm

Steve wrote:I hope you realise what pain I'm going through for you here Barry, I cant remember the last time I watched an England game sober, and they way its gone so far this tournament the alcohol works as a anaesthetic. But I have to drive home so a coffee only zone :)

Awwww *hug* Steve :cry: so sorry for you. I'm sooooooo feeling your pain that I'll even have your share of the alcohol :D :drink:
Beanie

Postby BazBean » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:31 pm

Marcy ..... lots coz your a girl so it custom to bring 1 weeks worth per days stay. :D

Joris ..... you may be delayed quite a time explaining to UK customs why you have shields,helmets and a sword in your luggage. :shock:

see you all very very soon

shop is about 80% but still got a day and a half ....gulp

Barry
Knowledge can be absorbed, but passion cannot be taught !

La Spaziale S5,
La Spaziale EK 2 Group
k30 mahlkonig
Mazzer Jolly, Futurmat , MC 5 Iberital,
Brasilia RR, Macap Deli Grinder.
A growing Tamper collection
(Plus my own playground for the above- A Shop)
BazBean

Postby Beanie » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:37 pm

BazBean wrote:Marcy ..... lots coz your a girl so it custom to bring 1 weeks worth per days stay. :D

Hey hey!!! I'm not even CLOSE to half as bad as Steve... I only brought 2 pairs of shoes for being away for nearly 2 weeks!!! He brought 3 for 2 days!!!

BazBean wrote:Joris ..... you may be delayed quite a time explaining to UK customs why you have shields,helmets and a sword in your luggage. :shock:

He's gonna be delayed trying to get through security in Amsterdam too... it's must be a pain and a half these days to travel by air when you're dressed quite so shiney. Oh well, I guess that's why Joris is getting to the airport an hour before me :P
Beanie

Postby BazBean » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:40 pm

Hey hey!!! I'm not even CLOSE to half as bad as Steve... I only brought 2 pairs of shoes for being away for nearly 2 weeks!!! He brought 3 for 2 days!!!

Yep Steve ... loves those kitten heels ... :| and cant travel anywhere without his stillettos and his football boots. :shock:

La Spaziale S5,
La Spaziale EK 2 Group
k30 mahlkonig
BazBean

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:34 pm

Bloody hell, Steve and Theo up front is the news leaking out of Svenland ........ The tactics involve Steve carrying COE beans to tempt the opponents and smarties to reward Theo for being a good boy :P

Will you have to polish Joris over the weekend to ensure he doesn't rust in the salty sea air?
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby badwolf » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:48 am

sorry guys but after weeks of eager anticipation i'm going to have to miss out on tomorrow's party :cry:

instead i have to travel down to itv west in bristol

i even considered the possibility of driving up to scarborough from there but the 16 hour, 565 mile round trip, kind of rules it out

i really am upset about it but when the work's there i have to do it :evil:

i know it won't be the same without me but i'm sure you'll all put a brave face on this sad situation and i hope you resist the understandable temptation to cancel the event altogether

all that remains is for me to take this opportunity to offer barry a warm hand on his opening :lol:

have lots of fun

john
badwolf

Postby wallisj » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:03 pm

HI all

Sorry for last minute pull out but i gotta do it....
Only just got back home from holidays and i'm knackered from the driving and the thought of doing another 300 miles tomorrow on my 1 day before i gotta go to work away from home for 12 days doesn't help.

Was really wanting to come but i just can't

Sorry
Jamie
wallisj

Postby BazBean » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:53 pm

:D :D :D

Got to Meet Joris and Marcy ...wahooooo !
in true TMC spirit they got straight into action, rolled up their sleeves or armour in joris`s case. and helped with the final home run of shop preparations.
didnt even stop to eat... poor beany piped up at 9-00pm and said 1/2 muffin all day was not enough to keep her going, what sort of host am I?.*shakin head*... did however supply copious amonuts of espresso as i am trying to get used to my new machine which is taking abit of getting used to, and steam is all different.
looking forward to tommorow when i can enjoy the coffee and company and leave the business side, well alone for the day after being imersed in it for quite a few of weeks.

Barry

La Spaziale S5,
La Spaziale EK 2 Group
k30 mahlkonig
BazBean

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:01 pm

Aw, chuck her a dry biscuit Baz ..... she'll be fine :wink: . Wish I could be there. Have fun :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

PreviousNext

Return to Open House