Cupping course - confirmed

For the announcement stuff that used to go in the feedback forum

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby phil » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:36 pm

Everyone - we have two places left that we don't need to fill but could fill if we wanted.

I wondered about posting on either CG (UK forum), a.c or maybe both to say that the places are available and basically advertise our presence.

What do the rest of you think about that idea? I see as an additional benefit the possibility that we might get a waiting list of possible attendees which could be useful if anyone has to drop out.

Phil
phil
Founder Member

Postby alans » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:29 pm

Would be good to get some advertising for the site, a coffee group that actually orgainises events is a rarity! But I'd say you'll get about fifty replies, so it's up to you Phil, do you mind going through them all?

Anyway flights are booked so I'll definatly be there!
alans

Postby Raf » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:01 pm

Fine by me: increased traffic & members is what we need.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Possible start time change

Postby phil » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:43 pm

(Copy of email sent to the known attendees today. If you're going and I haven't sent you an email, shout loudly so that I can rectify the oversight!)

Hi everyone

I talked to Steve this morning. Apparently the logistics of travel by train to and from Stafford for himself and Chris Hawkridge are such that he'd like to bring the start forward to 16:00 instead of 17:00 as advertised.

The purpose of this note is to see how this suits everyone. Steve has not even mentioned this idea to Mercanta yet as he first wants to check that it's OK with everyone who's attending. Please do not assume that the start time has actually been re-organised until we've confirmed it with all of the attendees and especially with Mercanta.

Is this OK with everyone? It's fine with me.

(I'll copy this note onto the forum as well. I *think* I've remembered everyone who's going, but it's best to be sure. Everyone who is going is a member of TMC, barring Maurice, but hopefully he'll decide that he'd like to join our friendly little community once he's met us! :D)

Hope you're all well. Happy New Year
phil
Founder Member

Postby HughF » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:20 am

A belated Happy New Year to you too.

Do you have a link for Mercanta or directions to Mercanta, please?

Thanks,

Hugh
Grinders : Macap MXK conical for espresso, Mahlkoenig Vario for Chemex, Macap MC6 (spare when our office was closed) for cafetiere, Zassenhaus Knee Mill for cafetiere when working away from home.
La Spaziale Vivaldi S1 espresso machine. HotTop KN8828P roaster. Chemex manual drip for most brewed coffee plus cafetieres and eSantos.
HughF

Postby phil » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:42 am

I'll be sending out the necessary to those who need it shortly Hugh, probably at the beginning of next week.
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Previous

Return to Site Announcements