UK orders from Sweet Marias

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

UK orders from Sweet Marias

Postby Bresh » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:01 pm

Hi all

I'm considering ordering some green beans from sweet marias. For those that have already done this, were there any problems with customs or what sort of duty did you have to pay, if any ?

Thanks, Kevin.
Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini Doserless
Hottop

(2* Gaggia Classic in garage)
Bresh

Postby phil » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm

No duty or VAT on green imports. This has been discussed here a few times, Kevin.

Many of us, myself included, have ordered more than once from Sweet Marias. Tom's coffee and service is top notch, as is well known. You are however recommended to go for surface rate shipping, as the other shipping options get a bit expensive.

This reminds me I haven't treated myself to some goodies from Tom for absolutely *ages*, but looking at my stash there is no reason to. Steve always seems to have something new and interesting to try, darn him, so I never get round to looking elsewhere these days.

HTH
Last edited by phil on Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby Bresh » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:18 pm

Thanks Phil - Surface rate shipping is the way I'll go.

Steve is excellent but unfortunately I have to stick to decaf and Sweet Marias currently has a good selection. Did recently purchase some of Steve's Organic Decaf Brazil - very good, and made a nice change from his Sumatra Mandehling decaf that I had been drinking non stop for the previous 6 months ! Taste buds need more variety though, so Sweet Marias it has to be.

Thanks Kevin.
Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini Doserless
Hottop

(2* Gaggia Classic in garage)
Bresh

Postby simonp » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:40 pm

Yep, no problems ordering from Sweet Marias, I'm awaiting a shipment myself now, I just hope it arrives before my job finishes as it is being delivered there!. The shipment takes 6-8 weeks surface mail, but as long as you order before you run out this is not a problem.

Tom does have a great range of decaff beans, and a few interesting things that Steve doesn't stock, although several times I have found that Steve stocks what I was after just after I order from SM :roll:
Profitec 700 dual boiler
Isomac Rituale
Mazzer Mini
Mahlkonig Vario
Chemex
Aeropress
2 Bodum press pots
Hottop updated to a B with Compuetr control
Imex roaster, dimmer mod on heater (under spare bed)
Rival popper, with split motor and dimmer mod on heater (retired)
simonp

Postby motoman » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:06 pm

It works out well Simon, you don't pay US tax and its VAT free here, not even import duty. Parcel just turns up after eight weeks and you start roasting. I have never seen La Minita for sale in the UK but mine from U-roast-em cost me around £4.20 lb including delivery.

Pete
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping