FE-AR La Peppina

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Re: FE-AR La Peppina

Postby espressomattic » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:52 pm

Trust me they won't be going stale...steady flow of 'customers' helps there. As an aiside, 15 years brewing and roasting has taught me that the phrase 'stale coffee' is far too widely used. What is stale anyway? How do you define stale coffee?

For me, bean change over a period of four weeks or so, sure the first week or two are the pinnacle, but to suggest (Not that you are) that beans over this period are stale, I have found is, well rather snobby.

They change, the chemical composition changes, the oxidisation changes the taste, sometimes for the better.

But be rest assured, they are not and will not sit there forever.

On a side note...I had cause to visit a farmers house yesterday and was offered a drink. I spotted a machine and grinder. They refused to make me a coffee because they felt the beans really were too old. (We are talking several weeks). I was impressed and promised to drop in some fresh roasted coffee for them!
espressomattic

Re: FE-AR La Peppina

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:54 pm

espressomattic wrote:Well cakes...A couple of false starts and once dialled in...I don't know what people moan about. Damn easiest espresso machine to use. Probably some of the best shots I have poured. Handy with a pressure stat I have to say and good for three shots in a row. Frakin awesome

Yes but it's all about skills mate, and let's face it, after dodging all those low flying ports filters over the years controlling one that's locked in is a doddle! Really pleased she is working out for you, beautiful looking machine.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Previous

Return to Espresso