Urgent help with L'Anna photo please

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Urgent help with L'Anna photo please

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:15 am

I am so sorry, it's right on top of Christmas so I know this is a big ask. Is there a kind L'Anna owner who would be prepared please to whip off the back panel and post a photo of the silicone hose arrangement in respect of its layout and connections with the pump and flow enter.

Anna has developed a problem and I fear will be out of action over Christmas without knowing the above.

Thanks so much and a very merry Christmas to all!
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Re: Urgent help with L'Anna photo please

Postby Vespa » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:58 am

Did you get photos ?
Vespa

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:40 pm

No, not yet. Am specifically wanting to check the routing of the silicone tubes.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Vespa » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:24 pm

Scottmorgan1970@hotmail.co.uk send me a message and I will send photos over, my back is off mine as it been in storage for a year now want fill ?
Vespa

Postby dr.chris » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:48 pm

Haven't looked in for a while but just saw this. PM if you still need a pic as we can sort something

I know how important this is....
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:10 pm

Thanks Chris, got a photo (thanks Vespa) but much appreciated. Had a worry we had mis-directed her silicone tubes. I fear Anna is dying, we are sans espresso for the duration.

She is working but has serious hx issues. Lots of vibrating hollow noise when water pulled through but it quietens once the head is under pressure during a shot, though the coffee is awful, no solids being extracted. A manometer at the head shows her taking a few seconds to hit nine bar so she is extracting a fair portion of the shot severely short of pressure.

She has had heavy duty descaling, a new pump (could both be bad?), a new flowmeter, new inlet solenoid, new silicone hoses and a check on the 3-way valve solenoid at the head.

All that is left to consider that I can think of is any issue at the head itself, blockage (doubtful, she is really clean of scale), the possibility of us having two bad pumps (not impossible but unlikely given when the noise is present) or the motor, which was near silent with the pump dropped down off of it.

Boiler fill noise is normal.

Scary stuff chaps :cry:

Merry Christmas all by the way :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:56 pm

If anybody has a donor L'Anna handfill, we would be interested in purchasing the three way pipe assembly right at the rear, it goes from the pump inlet assembly to the top of the chassis serving the boiler junket solenoid and at the rear serving the HX. Many thanks.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:54 pm

Part sourced, thanks Scott.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Return to Espresso