Restoration of a La Pavoni Professional

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Restoration of a La Pavoni Professional

Postby Zimpker » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:15 pm

Hi all, its been a while :-) I am about to start a restoration of a copper and brass La Pavoni machine. I have never used a Lever machine, so thought it would be fun plus I liked the look of the machine even though she's in a sorry state. I believe it is a pre-millenium model and is the bare metal type rather than plated, which I believe puts it in the early 90's. Bought the machine as a non worker though, so hopefully there is not too much wrong that can't be put right! Unfortunately she is missing a a portafilter which is a shame as it looks like I will have to buy new. I believe they are 49mm, anyone know where I would be able to get a brass one - there seems to be loads of Millennium versions which are larger, but struggling to find a brass pre-millennium. If anyone has one in their parts box I would be happy to purchase! Also plan to replace all the handles with wooden ones, any suggestions on a supplier that makes these?

Azkoyen Single group AZ04
K-3 Touch Platinum Grinder
Zimpker

Re: Restoration of a La Pavoni Professional

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:16 am

Not what you are looking for and located in the States but this looks interesting.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Zimpker » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:03 pm

Thanks, I did have a look at that one, but although it would be functional it is a stainless steel, so would not really go with the look of the machine which is brass and copper. I may have to find a chromed one and strip it back to base brass. Have to say I most probably should have researched this before buying the machine, just thought I would be able to pick up portafilter easily. :(
Azkoyen Single group AZ04
K-3 Touch Platinum Grinder
Zimpker

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:05 am

Yes, you would think they would be readily available. I hope you find one.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby bruceb » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:08 pm

They are readily available, but not in brass. I would not know where to look for one.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Return to Espresso