#thirdwavewichteln - Exchange Coffee with the World

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

#thirdwavewichteln - Exchange Coffee with the World

Postby bosch » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:36 pm

Let the Wichteln* begin! It’s time again for our annual international specialty coffee exchange: ‪#‎thirdwavewichteln‬.

Last year we had 362 participants from 25 countries who shared their experiences with coffee enthusiasts from all over the world. It was great fun and so I’m very happy to repeat this together with my friends @roitsch and @lastguest_hh.

For further information and to sign up, please check http://thirdwavewichteln.com.

And of course it would be great if you spread the word. Happy Wichteln!

Best wishes from Hamburg,

@bosch

* Wichteln is the German word for secret santa.
bosch

Postby GreenBean » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:04 pm

Hi bosch, welcome to TMC :D This looks like a good idea which is well implemented 8) Congratulations on its success so far and I hope it continues to grow.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:31 am

Welcome bosch and what an excellent idea! I can see this becoming massive.

Incidentally, just in relation to the coffee that happens to be in the photo, we got our hands on a bag of Work Shop coffee the other week and it was rather good :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby bruceb » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:30 pm

Hope to see you around here when you have a chance.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:00 am

Sticking for the duration :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Re: #thirdwavewichteln - Exchange Coffee with the World

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:20 am

An update on the Wichteln. It has indeed grown exponentially since this thread and us great fun to take part in. It appears that this year's edition will be announced soon according to their Facebook page. Well worth a look.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Return to Off Topic