Does coffee has a different effect on women than on men?

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Does coffee has a different effect on women than on men?

Postby katya1988 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:29 pm

Hi all

Let's get social here.
Do you think coffee has a different effect on men than it does on women? Or is it all the same for you? After all, we all feel energized and can't escape it at the end

Any thoughts?
katya1988

Re: Does coffee has a different effect on women than on men?

Postby dr.chris » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:27 pm

I doubt there is much difference.

I would be interested to see if there is a bias in what kind of coffee drinks the sexes prefer
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

Postby zix » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:10 am

Haven't heard of differences in effect between men and women, but have heard that it may change with age. I got it told to me in simple terms - since I am a simpleton - like this: if the receptors in the brain that are supposed to get the "you're getting a caffeine high" message aren't listening anymore, you won't get the high.
My dad had it like that his last years. He said he actually felt more sleepy after drinking coffee. I found that fascinating and asked a friend who is a doctor, who explained it to me as per above. The drowsiness probably came as a psychological reaction to the contrast between what my dad (and his body) had learnt to expect, and the actual outcome.
‹• Bezzera B3000AL • Strietman ES3 • Chemex • Cona C size • Aeropress • Vev moka • Bialetti Brikka • Espro • Cezve • Bacchi Espresso • Arrarex Caravel •
• HG-1 • Lido 1 & E-T • OE Pharos •
• oven • hot air gun • Behmor •›
zix

Postby steves » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:48 pm

zix wrote:since I am a simpleton

In that case, I'm really rather worried about what that makes me.

My dad had it like that his last years. He said he actually felt more sleepy after drinking coffee. I found that fascinating

Ah, yes, most interesting. In fact, my mother has been complaining of exactly the same thing for the last few weeks. So, the anecdotal evidence here is that, whatever the cause, both men and women can suffer from this particular coffee-drinking experience.
steves

Postby bruceb » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:39 am

I've heard this (about age) and since I'm pushing 3/4 century I guess I can speak with a small amount of sad authority. Coffee definitely has less an effect on my nervous system than it did 10 years ago. I can now drink a coffee at 9 PM and still go to sleep at 11, something I could not do when I was younger. On the other hand, I can go to sleep almost anytime now, so that may just be normal. What I do notice is that coffee still affects my "essential tremor," a condition similar to early Parkinson's Disease that I have had all my life. I shake worse after having a cup of coffee, no doubt about that. In all honesty, I have never enjoyed the "high" from coffee. I have always been rather nervous anyway and that explosive jolt that used to occur when I had a strong coffee never appealed to me. I'm glad I don't feel it anymore. I do enjoy my coffee more than I ever did before, however.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby tidiman » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:39 pm

I didnt heared about the difference of the coffee over the men and women. I can say that it the coffee and more specific the caffeine can be very helpful if its taken on reasonable volumes. For example it helps for burning fat, increase brain activity and memory, helps more on the focus, helps for the heart, helps for physical performance and many more. So basically there are a lot of Coffee Benefits.
tidiman

Return to Off Topic