Silvia - Leaking Portafilter Problem

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Re: Silvia - Leaking Portafilter Problem

Postby bruceb » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:13 pm

As an update to this old thread, I recently gave up on the bottomless portafilter I had that leaked and bought a new one from Espressoindex in Essen, Germany and it fits perfectly and does not leak. I also bought a regulary portafilter with a gorgeous wooden handle from them that also fits perfectly and looks great. I replaced the gasket on the group head a few days later. What a palaver that was! It was as hard as a chunk of coal and broke up into 5 pieces. I put off replacing it for too long again. :roll:
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Re: Silvia - Leaking Portafilter Problem

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:50 pm

We have the same gasket issues Bruce. Coffee in the eye usually prompts! :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Previous

Return to Espresso