The Old Bakery, Kingsbridge

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

The Old Bakery, Kingsbridge

Postby dr.chris » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:01 am

Worth a mention. Lovely old building full of old furniture and comfortable looking sofas - set back from one of the main roads going through the middle of Kingsbridge in South Devon.

Wonderful brownies. Coffee from Clifton Coffee (A Brazillian blend - not sure what exactly), a good espresso and cappucino, and a knowledgable barrista (he said he trained at Origen down in Falmouth)

A really unexpected discovery and pleasure, and deserves to be a lot busier than it was when we were there.
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

RE: The Old Bakery, Kingsbridge

Postby dr.chris » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:01 am

Went in here again last week. Best line you'd want to hear from the lady behind the counter, 'I'm a coffee snob'

Really nice double espresso served in a shot glass with a deep orangy brown crema
dr.chris

Postby GreenBean » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:21 pm

I am jealous of your trips to Devon, Chris :wink: It is some years since I have ventured down there but you make me want to go back if only to try The Old Bakery. 8)

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby dr.chris » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:33 pm

Mum still lives down that way so accomodation (and excuse for travel) is sorted. The only problem nowadays is the 5hr drive (6+ with stops) to get there.

How anybody ever managed long drives without an in car DVD player for the kids is beyond me.
dr.chris

Postby GreenBean » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:13 am

dr.chris wrote:...How anybody ever managed long drives without an in car DVD player for the kids is beyond me.

When my kids were young DVD players had not yet been invented. On trips from Chester to Paris I used to get them to count all the lampposts. That kept them busy for hours :)

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby bruceb » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:58 pm

DVD players, eh? When my kids were young they had to feed the horses.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:26 pm

What is a DVD player? Come to think of it, what us a lamp post?
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Places to drink coffee