L'anna water height sensor and possible vacuum valve issues

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby GreenBean » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:23 pm

You can dismantle and descale the parts of the group head without removing it from the machine. See espressomyespresso.com by Randy Glass and click on the link to " Overhauling and lubricating the E61 group".

If a blockage is the problem then it is very likely to be the gicleur and/or the filter screen associated with it. A good descale/clean of them may well solve the problem.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby dr.chris » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:12 pm

I went through the easy option to start off with - descaling the boiler and putting some citric acid down the chamber underneath the mushroom. I then found that I could get a bit of water through the group head so I went through the process of descaling that and the flow just got better and better.

So its the same old problem and solution :)

Still have a couple of doubts over electrics ( although the new controller has helped a great deal) but right now things working well and I havent had to take off the group head
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

Postby GreenBean » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:59 am

Great news, Chris. :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby double_shot » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Hi dr.chris,

Here's a link to a pdf version of the info, which includes cakeboys descaling instructions for L'anna.

Download L'anna pdf here.

New version 004 added 21-Feb-2016 changes can be viewed here > http://toomuchcoffee.com/viewtopic
Last edited by double_shot on Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
double_shot

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:44 am

Hi all, been offline for a while, but hopefully around a bit more now :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby GreenBean » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:35 am

Hi Cakey, we have missed you :(. Only yesterday I was demolishing a strawberry and white chocolate muffin and wondered how to deal with the crumbs. That is never a problem with you around. It is really great to see you here :D.

GreenBean

Postby bruceb » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:10 pm

Oh heck, too bad I threw out all of those chocolate cream muffins yesterday. Well, it's good to see you back, Cakey.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:41 am

Well escape is futile, so here I am. Thank you both, it really is great to be back, I've missed you too :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby dr.chris » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:48 am

Just a very quick update. Despite going through the various obvious connections she was still playing up although better behaved after the controller was replaced.

Just recently she has started to behave properly - for no apparent reason. The coffee is back to being consistantly good too.
dr.chris

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:21 pm

Very bizarre. Perhaps she enjoyed Christmas! Glad things are back to normal Chris :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby GreenBean » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:43 am

That is good news, Chris. :D

GreenBean

Postby bruceb » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:25 pm

Sure glad I've developed my 'telefixemup" talents, but hey, don't thank me. Image
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby GreenBean » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:04 pm

bruceb wrote:Sure glad I've developed my 'telefixemup" talents, but hey, don't thank me. Image

Thanks, Bruce. We now know how it was fixed. I always knew you had special powers. Image

GreenBean

Postby dr.chris » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:21 am

Thread boot time. Problems are back.

On idle, when the heater kicks in she works for a few seconds then all the LED's start flashing like she is low on water (she isnt). That was yesterday and first thing this morning. Now its just the first (rhs) LED that is just gently flashing but things seem to be working so far.

As with all things like this the last thing you do is look at the manual. Now the manual is generally almost useless but I did see this

'Boiler Fill Up
The electronic box has a maximum fill up time. This is 1 minute. After this time, the system stops the fill up process. The signal for the alarm is: all of the touchpads blinking. This alarm is triggered when there is a water leak in the machine or the touchpad is not sending a signal to the auto fill up system.'

This makes me think there is a problem with either the cable from the touchpad to the controller or with the touchpad itself. The controller is new so there is a limited number of other things that might not be working. I guess one might be the height sensor in the boiler itself but I would expect that to cause more obvious problems

Any advice welcome. I suspect I will be getting in touch with Happy Donkey in the near future.
dr.chris

Postby GreenBean » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:19 am

Hi Chris, I am sorry to hear that the gremlins are back :( I would start by removing and inspecting the boiler water level probe as you suggest. Ensure it is clean, not scaled and set to the correct height. If it is OK then I am out of ideas.

Each episode described in this thread seems to be associated with different parts of the machine. Perhaps it is time for the machine to be checked by an experienced engineer to trace the problem(s).

GreenBean

PreviousNext

Return to Espresso