GONE FOR FREE, Feama 1960's commercial 2 gp espresso machine

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

GONE FOR FREE, Feama 1960's commercial 2 gp espresso machine

Postby Rickvv » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:53 am

A friend of mine recently gave me a 1960's Feama commercial 2 group espresso machine and which, by his recollection has not been operational for at least 20 years! He expected that I would be happy to do it up and then expect a divorce petition by my wife to get this machine out of our kitchen!
(My current Isomac Millenium is already causing enough aggro).
The machine is complete,built like brick **** house,but all washers,etc will need replacing, and I imagine the tank will also have to be pressure tested.
So for any brave souls who like doing up a classic machine (the "daddy" of the E61 groups) I offer it for free,but only if it is collected from my home, which is 15 minutes south of the M25 j6.
Contact me on rick@hatchend.eu if you are interested,and I can also provide pics,if wanted.
Rickvv

Postby GreenBean » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:42 am

Thanks Rick, that will make a great project for someone. I have stickied it for you. Please let us know when it is sold.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby frcn » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Ughh.. another tempting reason to leave the states and move to GB!
- from Randy G. -
Hottop USA Customer Service
...and so much more!
frcn

Postby lsjms » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:24 pm

Wow, email sent
lsjms

Feama has now found a new home!

Postby Rickvv » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:04 pm

I would like to thank everyone who showed an interest,but the machine was picked up this morning and, no doubt, will provide many happy hours of fun in doing it up! (we even found out this morning that the machine is gas heated- so much for going back to the steam era!)
Rickvv

RE: Feama has now found a new home!

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:39 pm

Well done all. Unstickying :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

f

Postby lsjms » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:36 pm

I don't know how I came to be the owner of this so long after listing. Seriously folks, when you're offered a 60's Faema just get in the car and start driving. 8)

This is one of my 'dream' machines, ever since using Chris' Mirage I have wanted an exposed group E-61 and this comes in the best configuration for a market trader - square sides, old style lever e-61, dual fuel and still with the mercury p-stat and sight glass intact.

Restoration start to be posted soon!

Good to meet a fellow roaster, cheers Rick
Attachments
E61001.JPG
E61001.JPG (44.9 KiB) Viewed 7448 times
lsjms

Re: f

Postby GreenBean » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:51 am

lsjms wrote:I don't know how I came to be the owner of this so long after listing. Seriously folks, when you're offered a 60's Faema just get in the car and start driving. 8)

This is one of my 'dream' machines, ever since using Chris' Mirage I have wanted an exposed group E-61 and this comes in the best configuration for a market trader - square sides, old style lever e-61, dual fuel and still with the mercury p-stat and sight glass intact.

Restoration start to be posted soon!

Good to meet a fellow roaster, cheers Rick

It is good to see that it has gone to such a good home. :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

RE: Re: f

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:33 am

Yes indeed and what an amazing machine. Can't wait to see it up and running :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Espresso