Disappointing Purchase Replacement E61 Shower Plate/Screen

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby double_shot » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:22 am

GreenBean wrote:
double_shot wrote:
dwalsh1 wrote:Just had an update. $30 for shipping. I'm desperate but not that desperate :(

Thanks for the information dwalsh1 you would need to be pretty damned desperate to suck up a $30 shipping fee......

Don't forget that VAT and any customs duty are payable on the purchase price plus the shipping cost and carriers levy an additional charge for clearing customs which is usually an extra £12 to £16 per package. :(

I know it's a bloody crazy state of affairs! There is no way in hell I will be fitting one of those nasty screens to my machine! Just the thought of it is depressing me. :cry:

double_shot wrote:....If anyone knows of a Canadian source of these screens I could possibly have some brought into the UK in about two or three weeks time, failing that I will have a second opportunity in November again from Canada.

That would be great if we did know of a Canadian source. I have not given up on a UK or European supplier yet. I have a few enquiries outstanding and am hoping to hear back from them in the next few weeks. :D

I have just thought of a plan 'C' there is a chance that I can get someone to send over some privately as a gift from the States. There is even a chance that I could get someone to pick them up - but timing on that would be unknown at this time.

Fingers crossed on your UK endeavors because that would be the ideal solution for everyone.
double_shot

E61 Original Shower Screen (E61 526 100)

Postby double_shot » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:31 pm

What do you guys think of this from a Canadian source @$19.00 CAN Approx exchange 1.5 to GBP.

E61 Original Shower Screen (E61 526 100)

Original shower screen for E61 group. Compatible with Quickmill, Izzo, Euro 2000 and Isomac machines.

Iberital?

Caffe Tech Canada

Caffe Tech Canada

@Greenbean Thinking about it there should be no duty on spare parts. :D

Washington USA

@$7.50 USD

http://www.veniacoffee.com

Possible UK Source!

http://www.londonespresso.com

Part Code EMC13B {Listed as In Stock}
ECM E61 Shower Screen £9.50 Inc VAT
double_shot

Postby GreenBean » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:30 pm

Good work double_shot :D The Canadian and Washington ones looks to be good as far as it is possible to tell from the photo. I am concerned, however, that the photos supplied on these sites may not be representative of the screen they supply. I found the London Espresso one several days ago and emailed them, with photos of the type we are looking for and the type we do not want, to check that they are supplying the good quality screen but they have not as yet replied.

I have also foundthis one on ebay which was so cheap I have ordered it just to see what it is. :?

Bella Barista are still trying to see what they can source.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby double_shot » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Bloody hell Mr GreedBean that ebay link looks like it's a winner! :shock: :D You kept that one close to your chest.

When will you expect to receive it? Image

You're right to be sceptical about the images being a representation only! I have some here to prove it. :( Even after specifically stating I wanted the pressed steel version that has no spot welds.

I can't wait to hear the result of your purchase - Great Job!
double_shot

Postby GreenBean » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:23 am

double_shot wrote:Bloody hell Mr GreedBean that ebay link looks like it's a winner! :shock: :D You kept that one close to your chest.

When will you expect to receive it? Image .....

At that price :shock: I think it may be unwise to expect anything but, if it does arrive I guess it will be a few weeks. :?

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby double_shot » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:44 pm

Update:

Good and bad news...a friend found a Canadian supplier but they only had one of the original filters left (that's the bad news), which I have managed to get hold of and will have in the UK in about nine days (that's the good news). 8) The guy was going to sell some from the machines on display but they all had the new crappy spot welded junk fitted. Which is unbelievable when these are commercial machines running into several thousands of dollars. He is going to try and track down a source for the genuine article and let my contact know if he manages to order any more. If he does I will post the information here.

This was posted recently on TMC Izzo Alex Duetto MKII and this was in the image gallery Izzo Alex Duetto MKII Filter.

It looks like the Izzo Alex Duetto MKII is fitted as standard with the genuine/original pressed steel design, which maybe worth investigating.

EDIT:
I should point out that the filter I have obtained from Canada wasn't from the same company as mentioned a few posts above.
double_shot

Postby Machine_Repair_Man » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:38 pm

i can probably get the better quality version if your desperate ...
http://i45.tinypic.com/2lkwk04.jpg

did have it as an img link but was mahooooosive
nespresso es80 ..
the wife wont let me have anything bigger.....
Machine_Repair_Man

Postby GreenBean » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:24 am

Machine_Repair_Man wrote:i can probably get the better quality version if your desperate ...
http://i45.tinypic.com/2lkwk04.jpg

did have it as an img link but was mahooooosive

Hi Machine_Repair_Man, it is good to see you around here. :D Thank you very much for the offer. If you can get hold of some I would love to order two off you. I will send you a PM.

GreenBean

Postby repeat » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Sorry for the delay reply on this. Been travelling with work. I called coffeehit and asked if they had any. They did but not on the website. They threw a couple in the box when I ordered some other stuff. Old stock and when it's gone it's gone.
repeat

Postby double_shot » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Well it looks like we have a few options available now. If I had known CoffeeHit had them in I could have popped in there the other day and grabbed some.

@Machine_Repair_Man

Do you think you will be able to maintain stock of these in the future or have the producers stopped production?
double_shot

Postby GreenBean » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:28 pm

GreenBean wrote:
double_shot wrote:Bloody hell Mr GreedBean that ebay link looks like it's a winner! :shock: :D You kept that one close to your chest.

When will you expect to receive it? Image .....

At that price :shock: I think it may be unwise to expect anything but, if it does arrive I guess it will be a few weeks. :?

The screen finally arrived and …… It is the poor quality type we are trying to avoid. :roll: It does show how cheaply these things are made as someone can make a profit selling these for a total cost, including shipping from Cyprus, of £3.45! I guess the manufacturer must be getting less than €2 for each of these, imagine what improvements in quality could be made for just €1 more. :wink:

GreenBean

Postby double_shot » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Well it did seem too good to be true. It amazes me that a company would be willing to build and supply high quality machines and then at the most crucial stage plonk such a cheap and shoddy inferior part on the business end of their machines.

As clients of these companies we should be sending a clear message that this sort of penny pinching is totally unacceptable, when making a purchase which is often approaching or exceeding £1000. These filters are barely acceptable for use on a low end domestic unit - fortunately those units don't use E61's so at least those buyers are spared this experience.

The one I have got hold of should be fitted to my machine on Friday afternoon. Provide customs don't consider it to be a component part of some improvised explosive device. The way things are heading that scenario really wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Machine_Repair_Man's offering looks to be the real deal and UK based which is really good news.
Last edited by double_shot on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
double_shot

Postby dwalsh1 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:50 pm

I spent 3 grand on a Faema Legend and ended up with a 2 bob shower screen at the end of the e61 :(
faema E61/mazzer major, elektra nino.
dwalsh1

Postby Machine_Repair_Man » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:29 pm

trying to see if they are a constant supply, awaiting some form of confirmation.
nespresso es80 ..
the wife wont let me have anything bigger.....
Machine_Repair_Man

Postby double_shot » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:34 pm

dwalsh1 wrote:I spent 3 grand on a Faema Legend and ended up with a 2 bob shower screen at the end of the e61 :(

I feel for you! :(

Machine_Repair_Man wrote:trying to see if they are a constant supply, awaiting some form of confirmation.

Fingers crossed. :D
double_shot

PreviousNext

Return to Espresso