Fracino Heavenly - no group water?

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Fracino Heavenly - no group water?

Postby SimonInd » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:57 pm

On account of my main machine developing a leak I've dusted off my backup only to find that it doesn't work. The pump is fine and fills the boiler, the boiler gets hot and the hot water/steam functions are fine. The brew head gets hot but when I switch it to make a coffee nothing comes out of the head.

I've had the solenoid apart to check it wasn't stuck and it seems fine - it's default position is to send water to the head and it has to be actuated to fill the boiler. The water ends up being diverted back to the tank, presumably because of a blockage somewhere between the solenoid and the group.

I descaled before storing the machine so I'm now wondering what to take apart next? Should I remove the head and see if the blockage is there or is there something else I should try first?

Any advice appreciated

Cheers
Simon
SimonInd

Postby GreenBean » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:30 pm

Descaling can dislodge flakes of scale that can collect and block the water path. Have a look at the exploded diagram available by following the link to the Heavenly on the Fracino website.

I suggest you start by removing nut FC132A from the top of the group and inspect and clean the filter FC130 and jet FC129A.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby SimonInd » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:22 pm

Good call GreenBean, the blockage was caused by particle build up at the top of the jet blocking the hole. The filter mesh also had some lime build up so I've descaled that as well.

All good now so many thanks

Simon
SimonInd

Postby GreenBean » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:26 am

SimonInd wrote:Good call GreenBean, the blockage was caused by particle build up at the top of the jet blocking the hole. The filter mesh also had some lime build up so I've descaled that as well.

All good now so many thanks

Simon

It is good to hear that you have the problem sorted Simon. :D Thank you for letting us know the outcome.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Return to Espresso