Do not buy this coffee, you will not like it!

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:12 pm

GreenBean wrote:
CakeBoy wrote:Best sniff it first, just in case ;) :shock:

Personally, I prefer to sniff freshly baked muffins.

Where, where? :shock: :D {frantically charging out of the room seeking baked goods}
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Beanie » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:30 pm

GreenBean wrote:

Greenie....don't think NutterCakes has a "freshly-baked" preference...just so long as it's muffins :shock:
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby GreenBean » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:00 am

Beanie wrote:
GreenBean wrote:

Greenie....don't think NutterCakes has a "freshly-baked" preference...just so long as it's muffins :shock:

:lol:

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby Richard » Fri May 04, 2012 2:55 pm

Just realised this thread has been going-on since 2009, I haven't read all the posts and the last few seem to have wandered a little which is not something I care to criticise because i'm the worst-ever at wandering-off.

Here's my contribution before I wander. Ask my lovely lady to order some filter papers for the Aeropress and a small bag of this coffee bean was in the small parcel. I don't have a clue how she came to choose it other than she's been reading the mail.

I did a roast and took notice of Steve's, "wo-betide" comment about not letting the beans get to dark. Because I didn't know anything about the bean I didn't get excited after the roast and let the beans sit for a few days whilst I finished some Espresso-Perfetio.

Wow, lovely, super-smooth.

I'm about due to order my next years supply, seriously, are there any other beans I could try that are along the lines of this coffee. When buying 8-to-10 kilos of the same bean I found I needed a break, will I need a break from this coffee ? Oh-yes, and don't get me buying that coffee that tastes like old rubber tyres again.

I trust you people. :D
Hot-air-gun roasting.
French press.
Aeropress. Swiss Gold Modified.
Bialetti Venus.
MahlKonig Vario.
Richard

Postby GreenBean » Fri May 24, 2013 10:02 am

This morning I finished my last cup of Machacarmarca.:( My stock has finally all gone. I am really going to miss this wonderful coffee.:cry:

I have about 4 kg of very nice Cachoeira left to console myself with. I was trying to order some more this morning but see that it is now out of stock as well.:(

The future was looking bleak but then I read that Lupe, the owner of the Machacarmarca farm may be able to return to the farm and that the coffee plants have not been destroyed. So there is some hope that Machacarmarca may be back in a few years. :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby sicinius » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:04 pm

So there is some hope that Machacarmarca may be back in a few years.
I'll put my order in now, then.
Isomac Zaffiro, Eureka Mignon, Isomac Gram Macinino, Aeropress, Stovetop espresso, various Moka stovetops, 3 cafetieres, 50's glass Cona. Behmor 1600.
sicinius

Postby GreenBean » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:02 pm

sicinius wrote:
So there is some hope that Machacarmarca may be back in a few years.
I'll put my order in now, then.

That sounds like a good plan. :D

GreenBean

Previous

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping