What's in the Bag?

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

What's in the Bag?

Postby Dahtac » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm

Being heavily invested in the filter brewed coffee sphere over the espresso, let's stir some some fun.

What coffees are exciting people at the moment? Had anything amazing, perception changing recently? Something different that made you sit back and think?

Personally I've really been enjoying my recent flirtation with the american countries, not traditionally my favourite region but I am incredibly impressed by the diversity of coffee around at the moment. Has Bean have been stealing the show for me here (Loayza, Bolinda and Limoncillo pacamara all stand out highly) but have a few bags from intelli floating around at the moment and they are well up there, if in a slightly different manner profile-wise.
Dahtac

RE: What

Postby bruceb » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:23 pm

I made myself an AeroPress cup of 2010 Esmeralda Special Mario Carnaval (Panama) this morning and it was the best cup of herbal tea I've ever had! What an unusual coffee. Steve treated us to a cupping with this coffee one time long ago and it was an eye-opener then, but this morning, after not being able to taste coffee properly for nearly 3 months it was spectacular. It is so floral/herbal/fruity with an almost overwhelming jasmine note that it is really a completely different drink than anything else. It goes without saying, I guess, that it was a gift and I only have enough left for one more small roast, but I won't forget it soon.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Return to Other Brewing Methods