Formal complaint about a posting

For the announcement stuff that used to go in the feedback forum

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Formal complaint about a posting

Postby phil » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:30 am

Folks

I've received a formal complaint from the MD of Ue Coffee Roasters regarding the thread concerning an outlet in Oxford. He felt that some of the content of that thread was libellous.

As an immediate resolution of his concerns, I've moved the thread to the Clubhouse so that it can't be seen by the general public. As someone said, Google's cache will retain an image of the page for a while, but there's nothing I can do about that.

Hopefully our daily content submission to Google will tidy things up swiftly, as to all intents and purposes (from the point of view of the outside world) the pages in question are no longer accessible.

Perhaps the moderators could contact me if they feel that further action is required. I'll also be replying to the gentleman from Ue, to establish whether the action in question is satisfactory.

Thank you for your continued of support of TMC.

Phil

(Site owner and admin - the guy whose ass is on the line)
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

RE: Formal complaint about a posting

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:08 am

This matter has been amicably resolved. The comment in question has been removed, as it would have been if an admin/moderator had seen it before the complaint was made. The comment was deemed inappropriate and irrelevant to the thread topic. The outlet in Oxford was not a subject of the removed post.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Site Announcements