An apology

For the announcement stuff that used to go in the feedback forum

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

An apology

Postby phil » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:35 pm

We had a bit of a problem with TMC today. I created a menu block for a new feature ("Coffee House Diaries") and then went off into an afternoon meeting (cupping Cup of Excellence Colombians - v. interesting).

Subsequently I received a number of emails telling me that TMC was "broken" and users could not display forum postings.

I can only apologise for the inconvenience and temporary loss of service. It seems that there is an HTML generation bug in the menu software, and I will have to create a test installation to track that down.

Profuse and sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Phil
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby Beanie » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:27 am

You mean it wasn't some brilliant ploy to help people realise they'd miss it when you can't have it? :P

In hindsight, may well be good strategy to schedule one of these glitches once in a long while. Not too often... we'll die! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Marcy *very happy all's well in TMC World again"
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby phil » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:21 pm

Actually it turns out it wasn't exactly an HTML generation (or indeed any other kind of) bug.

Content Express is a memory-hungry beastie and my server's default PHP configuration wasn't up to running all of the Content Express features we had enabled once the new block was in place. I've now upped the per-script memory limit from 8M to 12M and restarted Apache, so all should be well again.

Cheers me dears

Phil
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Return to Site Announcements