Mahlkonig Vario - reliable retailer from EU

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Mahlkonig Vario - reliable retailer from EU

Postby Rujir » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Hi guys! It looks the time for a new grinder has come (or will come the next month)! And I have chosen Mahlkonig Vario (well, the dream is Mazzer MINI ELECTRONIC MOD. A, but...), the problem is, that in Slovakia it goes for nearly 500E (with shipping and everything), so I'm looking for a reliable retailer from EU, who would be able to send me the new model for more reasonable price.

Please, let me know if you know about anyone.
PS: I don't care about UK plug, I can easily switch it for continental, so UK retailers are OK, too.

Many thanks!
Rujir

RE: Mahlkonig Vario - reliable retailer from EU

Postby bruceb » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:10 pm

Rujir, try esw in the Netherlands here. They sell it for about € 390. They are very good people to deal with, too. :D Just click on "English" and write Henk an e-mail. He'll help you for sure.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby Rujir » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 pm

Brucen, it it goes like this then I will have to send you a big pack of coffee for Xmas. :) You're very helpful in every possible way and I'm really thankful for that. Many thanks again!

I will definitely write him, however his website says that Vario is currently out of stock, so if any of you has another tip, then please, just let me know. Thanks again.
Rujir

Postby bruceb » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:20 pm

Send Henk an e-mail anyway. He may be able to tell you when he'll have them back in stock. It may be that none are presently available.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby Rujir » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:22 pm

bruceb wrote:Send Henk an e-mail anyway. He may be able to tell you when he'll have them back in stock. It may be that none are presently available.

Of course, I will. Many thanks again. I hope that's not that case eventhough it definitely looks so. It looks that all the stuff is right now in America... :roll:
Rujir

Postby bruceb » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:42 am

I've been told they're not available in the States at the moment, either. They made way too much hype about them and now they can't seem to produce them fast enough. Or whatever. Image
bruceb

Postby Rujir » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:46 am

So guys from ESW have replied already (amazingly promptly) and new model will be available in the second week of March. That suits me perfectly. Bruceb, many thanks again! I owe you a big one!
Rujir

Return to Off Topic