Nescafe Green Blend

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Nescafe Green Blend

Postby Aadje » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:59 pm

Saw a commerciel of Nescafe Green Blend, what's all that about?! Is there a new trend to drink green coffee?

http://www.nescafe.co.uk/CoffeeCupboard/everyday-choice/nescafe-green-blend

Posted it on OT, coz it's not about coffee obviously . . .
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

RE: Nescafe Green Blend

Postby bruceb » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:23 pm

Maybe you've missed this, too. It's also made from green beans.

BTW, the "science" done on this was typical industry supported testing of a total of 30 people. In addition, it is coffee that is untaxed because green.
Last edited by bruceb on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby awlred » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:24 pm

LOL IIRC this was discussed a little while ago
UKBC Semi-Finalist 2009
|Iberital MC2|Pavoni ZIP(Borked)|Wega Max 2.6|Bodum 8-cup cafetierre|Aero Press|Eva Solo Cafe|La Pavoni EuroPiccola EP|Ocaree TCA-5 Vacpot

My Blog: http://awlred.wordpress.com

Barista at Peel&Peel Independent Coffee, 22 St Micheal's Road, Northampton
awlred

Postby Aadje » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:46 pm

well, if you select 30 people who like your product, you've done testing and you can say in commercials everyone likes your product . . .

but why eating or drinking green beans, they taste so much better roasted, ground and made proper coffee from.
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

Aadje

Postby RisingPower » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:51 pm

What the eckin peck? Am I missing 60 minutes? :)

So instead of the usual dishwater made from nescafe it tastes like nice green beans mixed with dishwater? :P

I like the fact there's a star next to delicious :D (*Your experience may differ from the grossly overexaggerated description printed on this paper)
Izzo Alex
Gene Cafe
Compak K10
RisingPower

Postby bruceb » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:21 pm

It's a lot of bunk about "antioxidants." It's based on suggestibility because of the green tea bunk. Human naivete and suggestibility sell snake oil. Welcome to the planet. Image
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Re: RE: Nescafe Green Blend

Postby GreenBean » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:38 pm

bruceb wrote:It's a lot of bunk about "antioxidants." It's based on suggestibility because of the green tea bunk. Human naivete and suggestibility sell snake oil. Welcome to the planet. Image

What's wrong with snake oil? :wink:

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

RE: Re: RE: Nescafe Green Blend

Postby Aadje » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:39 pm

it's very good for you, loads of anit-oxidants, and we'll throw in some omega-3-oils too :)
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

Aadje

Re: RE: Re: RE: Nescafe Green Blend

Postby GreenBean » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:40 pm

Aadje wrote:it's very good for you, loads of anit-oxidants, and we'll throw in some omega-3-oils too :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby JulieJayne » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:50 pm

Aadje wrote:it's very good for you, loads of anit-oxidants, and we'll throw in some omega-3-oils too :)
Except that Snake oil is made from snakes and therefore not animal friendly!

Green coffee is well obviously Green.... and therefore clearly good for everyone! :shock:

I think Bruce is right
It's a lot of bunk about "antioxidants."
Espresso: BFC TCI Lira.
Grinders: Eureka Mignon (2), Mahlkonig Guatemala,
Roaster: Gene Cafe.
Retired... Cimbali Junior, Cimbali Alinox.
JulieJayne

Re: RE: Nescafe Green Blend

Postby bruceb » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:52 pm

GreenBean wrote:What's wrong with snake oil? :wink:

Ask a snake. :shock:
bruceb

Postby RisingPower » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:55 pm

JulieJayne wrote:
Except that Snake oil is made from snakes and therefore not animal friendly!

Green coffee is well obviously Green.... and therefore clearly good for everyone! :shock:

I think Bruce is right
It's a lot of bunk about "antioxidants."

Does that mean I can eat this portafilter? It does have a very green lining.

http://www.coffeehit.co.uk/PRD_ProductD ... on-Coating :D
Izzo Alex
Gene Cafe
Compak K10
RisingPower

Postby bruceb » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:12 pm

RisingPower wrote:Does that mean I can eat this portafilter? It does have a very green lining.

You bet, mate! That'll antioxidise you to the bone! 8)
bruceb

Postby GreenBean » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:40 pm

So if I understand correctly, what people are saying is that if something is green or has green in it's name we should eat it. Is that correct? :? What about things that are green and have green in their name? :? :? Can we leave them alone? I can not imagine it would do me any good! :cry:

Why don't we all forget about eating green and eat cake or things with cake in their name instead? :wink: :D

GreenBean

Postby espressomattic » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:04 pm

GreenBean wrote:So if I understand correctly, what people are saying is that if something is green or has green in it's name we should eat it. Is that correct? :? What about things that are green and have green in their name? :? :? Can we leave them alone? I can not imagine it would do me any good! :cry:

Why don't we all forget about eating green and eat cake or things with cake in their name instead? :wink: :D

I think you're both safe as word has it 'tough as boots' is a popular noun for the pair of you.

Hey snake oil is good...ask a rodent ;)
espressomattic

Next

Return to Off Topic