Senior moment or something more serious?

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby GeorgeW » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:20 pm

Right......I've completed the test and I've absolutely no intention of giving you my score and I don't think I'm coming back to this stupid forum. :?
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:05 pm

We love you George :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Gouezeri » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:30 pm

Speak for yourself :P
Bah Humbug!
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:04 pm

Where is your Christmas suit Humbug Boy? :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby GreenBean » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:20 pm

GeorgeW wrote:Right......I've completed the test and I've absolutely no intention of giving you my score.
I can understand that you are far too modest to tell us that you scored a perfect 5 correct answers George. 8) :wink:

GeorgeW wrote:...... and I don't think I'm coming back to this stupid forum. :?
But….. but…. without our moral guardian who would keep us in line? Please also consider the impact this would have on the average IQ of the rest of us. :? :wink:

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby espressomattic » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:40 pm

I'm with Mr George...I'd really hate to show y'all up you know...

(now I know why I never bothered reading this stupid thread - stupid TMC forum...bah!)
espressomattic

Postby bruceb » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:46 am

I didn't really want to admit it, but I got a perfect score. I noticed, however, that the answers given in the test were all wrong, so I didn't even bother reading them.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby GreenBean » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:06 pm

bruceb wrote:I didn't really want to admit it, but I got a perfect score. I noticed, however, that the answers given in the test were all wrong, so I didn't even bother reading them.

Why is it that nature plays these appalling tricks on us as we mature in years? You know things such as the hair stopping growing on our heads just as it starts growing rampantly in our ears, noses and eyebrows. :evil:

It seems that just as we start to make more and more errors or incorrect judgements we become more and more certain that we are right. :( :wink: :roll:

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby bruceb » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:26 pm

Good heavens man! Where would I be if I didn't know that I was always right? :roll: :?
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby GreenBean » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:59 pm

bruceb wrote:Good heavens man! Where would I be if I didn't know that I was always right? :roll: :?

You?..... you... I was talking about me! Stupidly (and I contend solely due to my advancing years) I thought that the answers given in the test were correct. :roll: :? :wink:

GreenBean

Postby bruceb » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:23 pm

GreenBean wrote:I thought that the answers given in the test were correct. :roll: :? :wink:

It takes a razor-sharp critical mind to recognise the truth.
bruceb

Postby espressomattic » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:29 pm

Speaking of truth...can somebody please explain about the whole ear hair thing??? I am not complaining as it aids with 'selective hearing' and 'er inoors!
espressomattic

Postby GreenBean » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:04 pm

espressomattic wrote:Speaking of truth...can somebody please explain about the whole ear hair thing??? I am not complaining as it aids with 'selective hearing' and 'er inoors!

After much research and careful study, including watching the excellent documentaries by Austin Powers, I would postulate the following theory:

Men store their mojo in their craniums. Hair grows strongly only in the presence of mojo. As men age they slowly loose mojo. The hair line acts as a visual indication of mojo level in a similar way to a sight glass for liquid level.

It is assumed that age related loss of mojo is due to leakage over time. We only need to follow the trail of hair growth to find the leakage paths through the nose and ears.

Now I would be the first to admit that this is just theory but I would say that it fits the observable facts in much the same way as the theory of man made climate change fits the observable facts. 8) :D

GreenBean

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:53 pm

So basically the hair begins to grow inwards on the head and exits through the ears then GB? :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby GreenBean » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:56 pm

CakeBoy wrote:So basically the hair begins to grow inwards on the head and exits through the ears then GB? :P

Well that it not how I envisaged it. :shock: I was assuming that the leaking mojo simply promoted the growth of the normal fine hairs that already existed in the nose or ears.

Perhaps you could experiment a little further to settle the matter. If you pull several hairs from your nose and they have a length of 10 cm or more, with clear signs of brain matter attached, then it is likely that you are correct. If however the hairs are nearer to 1 cm long then they are likely to have originated in the nose as I envisaged. :D :wink:

GreenBean

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic