HI

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

HI

Postby repko » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:00 pm

As a new member of toomuchcofee I would like to introduce myself.
My name is Repko and I live in the Netherlands, close to the German border.
I am an Aerial Photographer (navigator) for a Dutch Mapping Company, but try to be freelance photographer on the subjects Social Documentary and Portrait Photography as much as possible.
Recently I have bought a Faema E61 with 2 group heads on Ebay. I have been looking for a long time for this machine, but now I was lucky enough to win one for a reasonable price.
My Faema is basically the same machine MEMBER E61 has, and he has also introduced me to toomuchcoffee.com. As soon as I have received my machine from France, I will start refurbishing it. I can use ANY help from all you E61 experts, since this is my first machine.
I also got an old Fiorenzato Mestre Grinder last week for free from the bar where I drink often. Spended a day fixing the machine, and it's in perfect in perfect unharmed condition now.
Well, that's it for now. Hope to share some usefull knowledge soon.
repko

Postby Beanie » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:08 pm

Hi repko,

Looks like you've got your hands full! Nice job on getting the grinder.

Hmm... seems like all that's left now is getting a roaster :twisted:
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby stevenzaat » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:13 pm

Hi Repko,

Welcome to this wonderful community. I am sure that the people here can help you with your beautiful machine.

Best regrds,
Steven
La Marzocco GS/3 with a Mini Mazzer Electronic (version B) for my espresso/cappuccino

Solis Maestro grinder for my french press vacuum brewed coffee, Hottop roaster, Cona D coffee brewer and a Bodum French Press.
stevenzaat

Postby Raf » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:44 pm

Yes, it's a beautiful machine. One day, one day... ;)
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Gouezeri » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:50 pm

Ah hah, another fellow photographer (though I'm not a pro), I just spent the weekend standing by my Pentax 67 waiting for the sun to come out, when I'd have had a more productive time standing by my roaster!
Anyway, welcome! Couple of recommendations before you start work... cafiza by urnex could well be useful for cleaning off any old coffee oils if the machine hasn't be used recently and a good can of compressed air for getting rid of coffee grounds and dust that seem to get everywhere... it's much easier to work on a clean machine. You may then want to read the thread "favourite" accidents before you start! Forewarned is forearmed as they say ;-)
Dom
Gouezeri

Postby E61 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:48 pm

Great to see you hear.

Looking forward to hear about your adventures with a really beautiful maschine

Poul
Faema E61 - 2 group, year 1967, 84 mm. brewhead
Faema E61 Ariete
Isomac Tea
Rossi RR45
La San Marco SM90
HotTop