New Moderator

For the announcement stuff that used to go in the feedback forum

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

New Moderator

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:16 pm

Bruce (bruceb) has very kindly agreed to help us out by becoming a moderator.

We have been considering the situation for a little while and have decided that an extra pair of eyes is always a good thing.

Thank you Bruce :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

RE: New Moderator

Postby lsjms » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:49 pm

Damn, I bet we see a lot less bs, libel and mysterious gossip now :lol:

Good on you Bruce
lsjms

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:04 pm

He's banned me already :(
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby dr.chris » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:14 pm

Is this a poacher turned gamekeeper sort of thing?
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

Re: RE: New Moderator

Postby bruceb » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:22 pm

dr.chris wrote:Is this a poacher turned gamekeeper sort of thing?

...and the list grows.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Re: New Moderator

Postby GreenBean » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:15 pm

CakeBoy wrote:Bruce (bruceb) has very kindly agreed to help us out by becoming a moderator....

bruceb wrote:
dr.chris wrote:Is this a poacher turned gamekeeper sort of thing?

...and the list grows.

Chilling. :? :?

Seriously, thank you Bruce, all your efforts in the service of this site (and, of course, the efforts of the other two reprobates er.. I mean moderators) are very much appreciated.:D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

RE: Re: New Moderator

Postby Aadje » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:24 pm

A wise choice. And as with all: have fun.
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:56 am

I think thanks are more than overdue to you too GB for being the resident roasting software guru and putting up with all of our daft questions that enevitably follow suit. That is what you get for being kind enough to freely distribute your finely crafted works ;) :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby GeorgeW » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:11 pm

Your choice of bruceb as a mod concerns me immensely. Are you sure you want to do this as this person is very, very old and may have difficulty in controlling the uncouth louts who tend to inhabit this forum. Upon reflection, he may have difficulty in remembering to log on, never mind his official capacity. Not that I'm prejudiced against the aged as someone of advanced years myself but have you considered the time he is liable to spend away from his monitor in order to regularly change his diapers? No?..........I thought not.

Concerned of Auchtermuchty.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby bruceb » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:53 pm

Dear fellow moderators,
I write this private message to you because it is of a sensitive nature concerning one of our oldest friends, George. Quite honestly, I believe the old boy (with the emphasis on the adjective) is quickly losing his senses and is becoming an embarrassment to himself. To save his honour I was going to ban him from posting on TMC. Unfortunately, I cannot remember how to do that, if I ever knew how, so I'm certain that one of you will save the old fellow from disgracing himself further.

I would have liked to have responded to this sooner, however I had some pressing personal matters to take care of and then I couldn't seem to remember where the computer was. I think my wife moves it around to try to confuse me, but eventually I have always found it...so far.

Thank you for taking care of this matter.

Brace
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby Aadje » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:54 pm

This is epic, I have no other word for it. You guys are geniuses.
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby GreenBean » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:31 am

Oh very well played. A true clash of the Titans.:shock: It is always a pleasure to see such masters of their craft at work. 8) :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby GeorgeW » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:54 pm

I do hope that my previous remarks were taken in the right spirit Bruce. The truth is that I thought that you'd left this vale of tears some time ago. Finding you hale and hearty is wonderful but it does raise some disquieting questions, such as, who was the bloke we buried the week before Christmas? We all assumed it was your good self as the Vicar spoke of him as having a scientific bent and he was interred wearing leather shorts. It was bloody freezing in the church as well, so if this was some stranger it does seem a bit of a waste. You couldn't be mistaken I suppose (what with your failing faculties and all) and you are presently communicating via an Ouija board, or is that confined to mere knocking?

Confused of Ahchtermuchty.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:19 am

The Odd Couple ride again :D. Now which one is Jack Lemmon?

Classic TMC :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby motoman » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:35 pm

It is good to know that Bruce is let out of prison at weekends. If you want to follow his rehabilitation progress, his ASBO ankle bracelet is tuned to 21.5 mHz due to the international nature of his crimes. Stealing blue smarties is a heinous act.
Please be kind and contact George to say farewell, he has no idea that Bruce is now stalking him armed with half a kilo of overcooked robusta in a dirty sock.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Next

Return to Site Announcements