TMC Mail

For the announcement stuff that used to go in the feedback forum

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

TMC Mail

Postby phil » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:00 pm

Folks

Once upon a time I used to offer free TMC email accounts to members. I stopped creating new accounts a year or three back, but I've left in place the ones that already existed.

My server's now getting a little long in the tooth, and the amount of disk space free for use is getting a little tight in some areas.

If you have a TMC email account, use it, and use IMAP rather than POP, please can you check your Inbox and Inbox.Sent folders for older emails with large attachments and delete or download these please?

If you have a TMC email account but no longer wish to keep it, please can you let me know?

This has come up because I've just had to spend a morning on housekeeping as our /var filesystem became 100% full. This is where the mail is kept, amongst other things.

The correct solution is to implement quotas, something I've avoided in the past. That would be a major hassle for me, so help with housekeeping would be greatly appreciated.

FOOTNOTE : TMC images and attachments are on a different filesystem, one which is not currently under stress. So don't worry too much about that for now.

Phil
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Return to Site Announcements