UK weblinks

For the announcement stuff that used to go in the feedback forum

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

UK weblinks

Postby phil » Sun May 16, 2004 4:47 pm

"Flimbag", bless him, has put quite a bit of work into our new UK weblinks page. You can visit it from the Coffee Links dropdown menu on the home page. You may have to refresh the menu script by using ctrl-F5 - although your browser will get round to fetching a new copy of the menus soon enough. Alternatively just visit this link.

A big "Thank You" from all TMC members I'm sure.

Now then - how about the rest of you? We still have Portugal, France, Sweden, Ireland and Austria to go - these are all countries containing one or more TMC members, but for which we have no weblinks.

(Gruff - apologies but I'm considering the IoM geographically part of the UK for this purpose - even if legally and politically this isn't strictly so).

Phil
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby alans » Tue May 18, 2004 3:38 pm

Some great links there and a few I hadn't seen before! What about adding a link to Mercanta in the "Other Sites" section as well. Also shouldn't Another be in "Online bean merchants" as well?

I know web sites in virtually every country in Europe EXCEPT Ireland so I'm not going to be able to add an Irish page ;)

Alan
alans

Postby phil » Tue May 18, 2004 4:02 pm

Mercanta have very little of interest on their web site. It doesn't really reflect their stock as their offers change to often and they do not sell via the Internet channel.

Also they are most *definitely* not retail - which was a perfectly sensible constraint on the list, given this group's focus.

Alan - do you think there really aren't any Irish coffee web sites? Given the amount of hi-tech industry in Ireland these days I find that surprising. :shock:
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby alans » Tue May 18, 2004 4:50 pm

Well there are some, but there's only three companies in Ireland that I've had good coffee from:

Bar Italia / Dunne & Cristenzie, have a small chain of 5 places in Dublin run by Italians
Mocha Coffee Company in Galway, a small roaster who haven't got their web site up yet
And a roaster in Wicklow who's name I can't remember at the moment

None of them have web pages and any places I know of that do have web pages (eg. www.insomnia.ie) have crap coffee!
alans

Return to Site Announcements