Beta testers wanted

For the announcement stuff that used to go in the feedback forum

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Beta testers wanted

Postby phil » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:02 am

I'm coming to the end of the lengthy exercise of reconfiguring the system software on the new server so that it (I hope) better suits our purposes.

Later this week, perhaps by Wednesday evening, I shall be attempting to copy an image of TMC as it now stands to the new server.

This latter process is a trial run of the process I shall eventually use to cut over to this new server. Before I do it for real I want to be really sure that I've got everything covered and that the result works exactly as it should.

To this end I would appreciate a little help in testing. Alans has already indicated he would be willing to help. Everyone is welcome to have a go, but I would really appreciate some input from some of our other technical members in terms of putting together some outline test scripts and executing them.

Oh, and as a related f y i, after talking matters over with some of the other members I have decided to defer designing and implementing the new "look and feel" (theme) for the site until the new server is happily running the site for us.

Thanks

Phil
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:38 am

Thanks, Phil.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Steve » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:08 pm

I'm willing to have a play if needed phil let me know
Steve
Founder Member

Postby Danny » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:23 am

Ditto, just send me/us the details...
Danny

Postby HughF » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:54 pm

I'm in though I may not come up with a test script....

Cheers,

Hugh
Grinders : Macap MXK conical for espresso, Mahlkoenig Vario for Chemex, Macap MC6 (spare when our office was closed) for cafetiere, Zassenhaus Knee Mill for cafetiere when working away from home.
La Spaziale Vivaldi S1 espresso machine. HotTop KN8828P roaster. Chemex manual drip for most brewed coffee plus cafetieres and eSantos.
HughF

Postby phil » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:52 pm

Thanks to those who offered to help - I'll be in touch soon.

As a progress update, and by way of apology and explanation, I should say that a few things came up last week and then I fell quite ill for a few days and really didn't feel up to doing much but moaning and drinking water, as Allyson will testify. :-(

Anyway, the test site is up (although I may do some further Apache & PHP tweaks, but those can wait for a bit). The theme is installed and ContentExpress is installed and the content test migrated (the version that's in there doesn't have the latest Americano How To).

Tonight I intend to try a forum migration and hopefully to get the home page layout blocks configured. Remaining to do is to install EZComments and migrate the comments, and also install SPChat (if there's still interest in having it?)

If I succeed in getting the thing into shape tonight (it might run over into tomorrow) then I'll email the kind folks who have offered to test for me. I will provide an outline of what I would like the testers to do - we're not intending to test the software packages themselves (which we know have the occasional glitch in them), just the migration to the server. TMC should remain the same as now - except it shouldn't "go slow" too much any more!

If everything works out we could be looking at doing the migration this weekend, but you know how it is with plans! :?
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Return to Site Announcements