Cupping course - confirmed

For the announcement stuff that used to go in the feedback forum

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Cupping course - confirmed

Postby phil » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:55 pm

Good news

We have the cupping course provisionally arranged.

Date: either 22nd or 27th January.

Time : 17:30 - 20:00

Venue : Kingston upon Thames

Here is what the course organisers say about the content of the course :

There will be 12 samples, 2 cupping sessions, nomination of 4 coffees (by TMC members) and 8 coffees to be selected by the Coffee Hunters. We will finish with round table discussion about coffees cupped, background etc. Our normal price is £40 but for you we will do £35, the price will include a book- Perfect brewing, coffee samples, snacks and wine.

I reckon that so far we've got six possibles: Phil, Steve, Eward, Chris, Hugh and Carolyn.

**** Please can people confirm their attendance and indicate if either of these two dates is impossible for them ****

We need at least two more people. Can any of the mainland European members make it? Or our friend Alan in Dublin? Kingston is only about 25 minutes from Waterloo, where Eurostar (the train from Paris and Brussels) terminates. It's also not that far from Heathrow. I can look into the travelling arrangements if anyone wants to make the trip.

Phil
phil
Founder Member

Postby Steve » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:01 am

MRs Eeffokk may be interested phil as may a good friend of mine (if that ok with everyne). Both yet to confirm though
Steve
Founder Member

Postby phil » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:14 am

I'd be very interested to meet the woman who puts up with our esteemed friend Eeffoc. :lol:
phil
Founder Member

Postby phil » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:27 am

So far Hugh, Chris (Mnemonix), myself and Steve have confirmed. All four of us can manage either date.

Still waiting for Carolyn and Eward (no surprises there :D).

Danny (MrFollies) is interested but can't confirm yet.

I'll keep this up to date so everyone knows what's going on.

Phil
phil
Founder Member

Postby phil » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:55 am

Update : Carolyn has confirmed. She sends her apologies to everyone for her absence, but with the run up to Christmas she's incredibly busy with people buying coffee machines. Gotta be a good thing. Maybe some potential members there?

Alan would like to come in principle but is seeking permission from his partner. Hmmm, I know the feeling (no offense ladies - in the Jordan household we discuss things at length and then Allyson tells me what I'm going to do - Nahh, only joking (I think!))
phil
Founder Member

Postby alans » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:01 pm

Re the date, I'd find it easier to attend on Thursday 22nd, a weekend in London used as sweetner for partner :) . Anyone else got a preference?
alans

Postby phil » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:11 pm

That's fine by me.
phil
Founder Member

Postby alans » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:14 pm

I need to book flights by the end of tomorrow 10th December, to get the cheap (€1 hopefully) flights to London. So can everyone make it on Thurs 22nd Jan?
alans

Postby phil » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:18 pm

As I said in the group email, everyone's OK with either date except possibly Eeffoc. He hasn't said, that I can recall.

Since Eeffoc is largely responsible for talking to Mercanta about this course, we don't want to go without him (and we wouldn't anyway). I'll give him a ring if he doesn't respond to his email
phil
Founder Member

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:07 pm

sorry bout the delay 22nd is fimne by me :)

Postby phil » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:40 pm

Eeffoc, I presume that you are the above "Guest"? This is a major shaker as guests are NOT supposed to be able to do anything but read.

I've just double-checked the permissions and blow me! The new "Site Announcements" forum allows posting and replies by guests. All of the other forums were created before the migration to Postnuke and are correctly set up.

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
phil
Founder Member

Postby Steve » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:55 am

surely the speeling mistake gave it away it was me :oops:

It was me
Steve
Founder Member

Postby phil » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:21 pm

We're up to 7 now (not counting Mrs Eeeffoc and Eeffoc's chum)
  • Me
  • Eward
  • Eeffoc
  • Carolyn
  • Hugh
  • Chris
  • Alan

So either one more person or (hopefully) Eeffoc's missus and mate and we're home and dry.

Eeffoc, the way I see it we're now almost totally certain of making numbers so there is virtually zero risk in confirming that we're going (as long as no-one drops out). We can resolve who the extra person(s) are later I would think.

Phil
phil
Founder Member

Postby Steve » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:58 pm

Phoned mercanta Today to confirm the date but Flori was out the office. Thought it best to speak to her as she has handled the details. Will chase it up tomorrow.

Mrs Eeffoc wont be coming as our built in child minder (mother in law) cant look after Eeffoc Jnr. Chris is almost cetain to be coming. He's really interested in joining TMC phil so I'll speak to you on mail about having a chat with him. His computer has died a death thats why he hasnt been in touch, and he's working away this week, but is back on saturday with a new computer.
Steve
Founder Member

Postby phil » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:49 pm

Good stuff mate, look forward to talking to him.
phil
Founder Member

Next

Return to Site Announcements