manual fill machine

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

manual fill machine

Postby davesmithxx » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:46 pm

Hi All
Just looking for some general info for manual fill 2 grp Lanna 2006 model. The tank is 14 litres. The machine is up and running I bought it cheap with a supposed boiler fault but tbh the only thing wrong was a leaky pressure valve. I'm not familiar with how a manual fill works so I began by filling until the spy glass was full implying boiler up to correct level. The heat element is controlled by the boiler pressure which activates between approx. 1 to 1.3. so everythings going well until the level of water drops below level indicator and I push the refill button. As then because the mains pressure is 2.the pressure in the tank goes to 2 and the element cant kick in without me releasing the pressure through the steam wand, (which sometimes is water as the tank is no longer up to temp). If I remove from mains water and put the inlet pipe into a bucket when I use group the pump draws water from the bucket. So just want to get familiar with technique Thanks
davesmithxx

Re: manual fill machine

Postby bruceb » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:59 pm

Sounds like a nice machine. I believe you will need to install a pressure reducer/regulator on the supply line for this to work as it should. I would have thought there is a regulator in the machine, but apparently not. Perhaps someone here will have a more knowledgeable answer. Thanks for posting. Please let us know how you get along with this, too. Thanks.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby davesmithxx » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:24 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

OK I thought that may be the case the mains needs to be reduced to 1 bar, I know the pressure out of most water softners is low so going that route is good re lowering inlet pressure. How vigilant do I need to be regarding refilling Thanks again
davesmithxx

Postby bruceb » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:53 pm

I don't think it's too much of a problem. When the level is in the lower 1/4th of the sight glass you should probably refill. The boiler should have a low water protection so the heater doesn't burn up. Do you have an owner's manual for the machine?
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Return to Off Topic