Grinning fools

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Grinning fools

Postby pault » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:07 pm

if any of you are at a loose end not this Wed but next (or you can listen on the Web) - I'll be doing a brief discussion on Radio 4's "You and Yours" about shop assistants being encouraged/forced to smile

they ask me to do these slots once in a while but this could be an interesting one because in the studio should be an Asda boss. Last time I accused a Channel 5 executive of being from "Channel Filth"- could be fun!! :twisted:

toodle pip
Spazio 2 Group, Pavoni Pro.
Pavoni JDoser & Mazzer Mini Elec Grinders,
Vac Pots - Mini Santos Electronic & Cona 'D'
Various Press Pots
Hottop Roaster
pault

Postby Gouezeri » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:17 pm

This coming from the "Love Walrus" who was recently sectioned for an obsessive/compulsive attraction towards tampers, which was probably a displacement for something else. Still, would be interesting to see if Mr Lurve really does have a baritone voice. Maybe we should think of a word that you would have to introduce into the conversation at some point :lol:
As for smiling to customers, I'd rather that than sing, which is what they used to do in Disney Stores (at opening and closing times, but I've not been in one for years so they may not any more).
D
Gouezeri

Postby pault » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:23 pm

what do you mean - "probably"????
Spazio 2 Group, Pavoni Pro.
Pavoni JDoser & Mazzer Mini Elec Grinders,
Vac Pots - Mini Santos Electronic & Cona 'D'
Various Press Pots
Hottop Roaster
pault

Postby Gouezeri » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:53 pm

Well, without being a "kill-joy" or wanting to point out the obvious, but you might just have used your fixation with tampers for, well, making espresso.... Okay, I know it's a bit of a long shot, but maybe, just maybe, the "real of your desire" is just a decent cup of coffee, though subconsciously, you probably always already knew that and the "truth" is just coming back to haunt you :)
So, how about getting the word "walrus" into the interview then :twisted:
D
Gouezeri

Postby alans » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:56 pm

Reminds me of a guy I heard of in a big shop in the US that got told off for responding "you're welcome" to thank you, seems the only acceptable response was "thank you".
alans

Return to Off Topic