Reunions

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Reunions

Postby motoman » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:42 pm

I was 80 a couple of weeks ago, the following could be the story of my life:

A group of guys, all aged 40, discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet in Wetherspoons in Bedminster because the waitresses had big breasts and wore mini-skirts.

Ten years later, now aged 50, the friends once again discussed where they should meet for lunch. It was agreed that they would meet at Wetherspoons in Bedminster because the food and service was good and the beer selection was excellent.

Ten years on and all aged 60, the friends again discussed a lunch venue. This time it was decided that they would meet at Wetherspoons in Bedminster because there was parking nearby, they could dine in peace and quiet and it was good value for money.

At the age of 70 and ten years later, the friends again discussed where they should meet for lunch. It was finally decided that they would meet at Wetherspoons in Bedminster because there was wheelchair accessibility and toilets provided for the disabled.

Ten years later, now all aged 80, the friends again talked about where they should meet for their lunch. They finally decided that they would meet at Wetherspoons in Bedminster because they had never been there before.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

RE: Reunions

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:24 am

Brilliant! You always make me smile. But one thing, women have breasts? :shock: I worry about my memory too these days! :roll:

Congratulations on your milestone Pete, I hope you had a great day. Actually, I hadn't realised you were only 20 years younger than Bruce and George! ;) :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby GreenBean » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:34 pm

Congratulations on your 80th, Pete. :D We have missed you and your wonderful posts. This one was worth the wait though, I laughed out loud. I guess that most of us are more advanced in years than we would like to admit and recognise all the stages that you mention only too well. :oops:

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby dr.chris » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:04 pm

Just wonderful
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

Re: RE: Reunions

Postby bruceb » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:19 pm

CakeBoy wrote:Brilliant! You always make me smile. But one thing, women have breasts? :shock: I worry about my memory too these days! :roll:

Congratulations on your milestone Pete, I hope you had a great day. Actually, I hadn't realised you were only 20 years younger than Bruce and George! ;) :)

Yer'all a bunch of young whippersnappers! If I could see you clearly enough I'd whack you with my cane!
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

RE: Re: RE: Reunions

Postby dr.chris » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:13 pm

My much loved and much missed uncle once came out with the line

'Ah the old, they'll fight for anything just as long as they can remember what they are fighting for'
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

Re: RE: Reunions

Postby GeorgeW » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:18 pm

CakeBoy wrote:Brilliant! You always make me smile. But one thing, women have breasts? :shock: I worry about my memory too these days! :roll:

You see it's comments like these that keep me away from this forum...well not really. It's good to see that some familiar faces remain as yet another heart attack has taken me out of the game for a while.
My warmest regards to all here and a special hello to Cakey.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby GreenBean » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:53 am

Hi George, it is great to hear from you. I am sorry to hear that you have had another heart attack but it is good to see that you feel well enough to visit us at the TMC Retirement Home.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby bruceb » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:29 pm

Whoa, I'm sure glad you showed up, George! I try to hold the fort against these youngsters, but I get tired quickly these days. Sorry to hear you've had another heart attack. Thanks much for letting us know. We're wishing you a speedy recovery.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby motoman » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:03 am

Please be careful George, the list of names above mine is getting shorter all the time. What we need is some sort of Kevlar pill that will stop these attacks d.... errr in their track.

So far my only hope is to prevent the cycle of life by giving up cycling.

Good luck mate.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:59 am

Oh George, you really must stop having them or we will be forced to stop making comments!

I am so sorry to hear you have had another one, please take care old friend. Get well soon, Christmas is just around the corner.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby bruceb » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:42 am

CakeBoy wrote: Christmas is just around the corner.

WHAT? Image Around the corner?

Our yards and gardens are not ready for winter yet! WHAT? OH NO! How did this happen??
bruceb

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:59 pm

We have had a Christmas movie channel on in the UK for a week now! Excellent :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Return to Off Topic