A little Irish history

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

A little Irish history

Postby motoman » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:30 am

A little bit of history from our bus driver today when we passed through the town of Macroom - William Penn, after whom Pennsylvania is named, lived in the town for a while before travelling to USA. He had two aunts who ran a pie shop which attracted customers from the whole of county Cork, and even beyond, but they eventually were forced to close down after an infestation of rats started eating all the pies. This was so significant that the rats are now better known than the two women. You've all heard of the pie rats of Penn's aunts haven't you?
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Postby GreenBean » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:03 pm

It is good to see that you are still on form, Pete. :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby bruceb » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:10 pm

You know what happens when you make us old farts laugh like that! Now I have to change my pants.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby motoman » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:59 am

Tough luck Bruce, at my age I get someone to change them for me.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Return to Off Topic