Nail your colours to the post (nothing to do with coffee)

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby PeterAG » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:03 pm

As far as I am concerned the ONLY ball is an egg shaped one.

A far more genteel game where there is no pretense about violence.
Dualit 84009
Dualit Grinder
Heat Gun Roaster

><>
PeterAG

Postby NottmSteve » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:47 pm

I saw a bit of good natured fistycuffs at the recent England v SA match at Twickenham.
I took a Soth African, and showed him how rugby was played!

I have to agree, it could teach football a lot about how to be passionate whilst still respecting the referee and the opposition supporters.

Hang on, this is a coffee forum. Blah Blah...............
Gaggia Classic (Will consider Offers)
Mazzer Super Jolly (HAD, now sold)
Rancilio Rocky
HWP Roaster & Prima popper (for sale)
Hottop B
NottmSteve

Postby Steve » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:11 pm

So Paul its nearly upon us next week the mighty Sunderland vs Liverpool are you ready? Got to be worth a sportsmans bet :)

Are you still in the states? If not what you doing wednesday?

Steve
Steve
Founder Member

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:44 pm

Yet another Liverpool fan here :D . Rob Jones was nicknamed "Trigger", he made Jason McAteer look bright. So all you reds fans, how long before Crouchy finds the net? :shock:

I also have a soft spot for Sunderland as they were my Grandad's team, but next week no mercy.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Steve » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:01 pm

I must admit I've always liked liverpool. My brother is a fan and he's dragged me along to anfield a few times. But even I think Crouch is a donkey :)

But next week theres only one team in red and white :)

Steve
Steve
Founder Member

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:29 pm

Niall Quinn spent the whole of the match last night trying to convince viewers that Crouchy was doing a great job for the team, and he does do a good job. The problem is that he is pants in front of goal at the moment. Hopefully it will improve, as he undoubtably has considerable skill for one so "vertical", but until that time us fans are left wondering. Come on Crouchy, even Sean Dundee (remember him?) scored quicker than this ....... :|
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Steve » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:32 pm

Funny story about Niall Quinn. He's a legend in sunderland, and the play off's in '97 I managed to get a song started about him, that got made into a record and is still sung on the terraces now

"Niall quinns disco pants are the best
They go up from his arse to his chest
they are better than all of the rest
Niall Quinns disco pant"

To the tune of here we go

:)

Steve
Steve
Founder Member

Postby Gouezeri » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:39 pm

wonders will never cease
;-)
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby BazBean » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:03 am

My colours are firmly Red n White comr rain of shine...(seem to get wet a lot recently)........... A devoutee of the roker end in my younger days in the "Pop Robson" era as a nipper. being born in south shields it was a sin to go anyother way !!!
Knowledge can be absorbed, but passion cannot be taught !

La Spaziale S5,
La Spaziale EK 2 Group
k30 mahlkonig
Mazzer Jolly, Futurmat , MC 5 Iberital,
Brasilia RR, Macap Deli Grinder.
A growing Tamper collection
(Plus my own playground for the above- A Shop)
BazBean

Postby Steve » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:21 am

A Brother!!!! I was always a fullwell Ender myself, frozen pies, cold bovril and crammed in like cattle. I've read and enjoyed about pop, but bit before my time. I was more a marco Gabbiadini man :)

Cant belive another sunderland fan on here who will admit it with our current form :)

Steve
Steve
Founder Member

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:11 am

Steve wrote:Funny story about Niall Quinn. He's a legend in sunderland, and the play off's in '97 I managed to get a song started about him, that got made into a record and is still sung on the terraces now

"Niall quinns disco pants are the best
They go up from his arse to his chest
they are better than all of the rest
Niall Quinns disco pant"

To the tune of here we go

:)

Steve

Seriously now, I have read the lyric to that song somewhere before but cannot remember where - might have been on LFC forums where they love a good chant, be it ours or any other teams. Either way you appear now to have legendary status on the terraces as well as in the roastery!

Right boys, we need a footie-esque song about Steve - any budding song writers here? :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby Gouezeri » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:11 am

I can think of a catchy number by john cage, might be a bit long though as it lasts 4'33" :P
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby BazBean » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:34 am

oohhh Steve. Fulwell end........ you BAD boy....i used to sneak in there when i didnt go with my dad....(sheltered childhood and all that) i am only 38 so the Marco days were my hayday too..ahhh the memories are flooding back. the true measure of supporters is being there when your team is not on good form...... we have along measuring sticks obviously
Knowledge can be absorbed, but passion cannot be taught !

La Spaziale S5,
La Spaziale EK 2 Group
k30 mahlkonig
Mazzer Jolly, Futurmat , MC 5 Iberital,
Brasilia RR, Macap Deli Grinder.
A growing Tamper collection
(Plus my own playground for the above- A Shop)
BazBean

Postby Paul L » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:01 am

I've spent years in turmoil with football. As a lad my Father, Brother, a countless number of Uncles and Cousins as well were Arsenal fans and it had a damaging effect (an Arsenal dislike to this day), the bias was unbelievable and I guess somewhat in rebellion I followed Liverpool through the 70's and 80's until the years of Heysel and Hillsborough. I still look out for them but I wrestle uneasily with the contradiction of the shopping trolley in the pub, car wheels thieving and other aspects of Liverpudlian life. Over the years I just enjoyed watching any team playing good football, this has meant Spurs, Newcastle and others, strangely no Sunderland. My Daughter was born in SW10 close to Stamford Bridge and Craven Cottage and so there is a natural affinity with Chelsea and Fulham.

It's a mugs game and a thugs game and these days I curse the tribal mentality, the low IQ, the constant spitting (especially the constant spitting - I would cringe sliding around in it) and the whinging on the pitch and the same off it. The glorification of it all stinks.

I would still like to see football banned between June and August though (except for European and World Cups every two years), it has no place in the summer alongside the Tour de France, Olympics, cricket and tennis.

Alas the seeds of the beautiful game were sown very young and try as I might Rugby has never made it into the veins. So, between September and May the week does not seem the same without football scores, European nights and Match of the Day. I probably enjoy watching Man Utd play in Europe than any other team and matches. Yes, I live in London!
Paul L

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:34 pm

Slightly deviating here - are any of you into cricket or speedway? I know NottmSteve is a fellow speedway fan from previous chats.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Previous

Return to Off Topic