Stuck for words!

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Stuck for words!

Postby Lambo » Wed May 30, 2012 5:18 pm

OK, this is a terminology question.

There appears to be a break in the power cable for my Rocky where it passes through the casing. This has probably been caused by Rocky falling over a couple of times when being transported around in the boot of the car.
I have to hold the power cable at the "right" angle now to get things to work. Obviously this isn't ideal (or probably safe in the long term), so I want to see about cutting the bad section off the power lead.

The power cable has the standard three wires inside it - live, netral and earth. Each of these wires is terminated with some sort of metal connector and this metal connector is then inserted into a plastic "case". At the moment I can't see how to get the wires out of the plastic cases without breaking things. So, another alternative is to get new connectors and plastic cases. But I don't know what their proper names are! Does anybody know what they're called and where I can get replacements from?

Regards,
Steve
Rancilio Rocky SD, Gaggia Baby,
Hario Bloom, various cafetières, Mellita filter machine, 4 hand-operated grinders, Aeropress
Citroën DS
Lambo

RE: Stuck for words!

Postby Lambo » Wed May 30, 2012 6:43 pm

I've figured out how to remove the plastic case now. Just have to work out how to remove the metal "spade" (?) from the wire and reattach it...
Hario Bloom, various cafetières, Mellita filter machine, 4 hand-operated grinders, Aeropress
Citroën DS
Lambo

RE: Stuck for words!

Postby bruceb » Wed May 30, 2012 8:36 pm

It is not adviseable to reuse the spade connectors. Buy new ones from an electric or automobile supply place. They are very inexpensive and usually can be crimped onto the wires. They are available plain or insulated.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby Lambo » Thu May 31, 2012 5:13 pm

Thanks Bruce, but that still leaves the question of getting the right sort/size, so that they fit properly. I had a quick look on a couple of websites and there are sooooooooo many different sorts! :shock:
Citroën DS
Lambo

Return to Off Topic