Lost for words?

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Lost for words?

Postby motoman » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:05 am

There comes a time in our lives when a simple insult is not enough, whatever you think up is lame, overused or just not going to work. Then I found this:

http://www.ship-of-fools.com/curse/index.html

Please feel free to show me what you really think of me. Just remember, I know where you live.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Re: Lost for words?

Postby GreenBean » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:42 pm

motoman wrote:There comes a time in our lives when a simple insult is not enough, whatever you think up is lame, overused or just not going to work. Then I found this:

http://www.ship-of-fools.com/curse/index.html

Please feel free to show me what you really think of me. Just remember, I know where you live.

Well I tried it several hundred times Pete but it did not come up with a single insult worthy of you. :cry:

I think much more impressive insults can be found in various threads here on TMC. 8)

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

RE: Re: Lost for words?

Postby geedee » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:57 pm

Or maybe just the truth ... :D :D
Life's uncertain, eat pudding first!
--------------------------------------
Wega Mini Nova - rotary , plumbed in
Macap 7 grinder
Old Monarch Deli Grinder
Gaggia MDF grinder (for sale)
3 presspots
2 mocha pots
geedee

Postby motoman » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:36 pm

Now that HURTS!
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Postby GeorgeW » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:40 pm

Now I'm not sure that insults have any place on a forum such as this one. Wouldn't it be better if we could all just rub along together and be cuddly and fuzzy to one another? I'm only talking about Forum members here of course and it should be understood that those unrepentant degenerates who moderate this Forum are excluded from this dictum. It is the duty of every member to hold these people to the highest standards of behaviour and let me wish you the best of luck with that.
However, just because you have little hope in being successful does not mean that you shouldn't try.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby bruceb » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:15 pm

Georgyboy, you are walking a very, very narrow path!
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby motoman » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:37 pm

I aacept your challeng George I shall stir it up deeper and harder, I shall pick your character to pieces, knowing in my heart that I am perfect and free from criticism.

Just an aside, I did something like this on another forum and some silly buggers took me seriously This just goes to prove that coffee lovers have more wit that radio freaks.
Thank you all for biting back.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
motoman

Re: RE: Re: Lost for words?

Postby GreenBean » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:01 pm

motoman wrote:...... Just an aside, I did something like this on another forum and some silly buggers took me seriously This just goes to prove that coffee lovers have more wit that radio freaks.

Well, either we have more wit or we just don't take you seriously. :wink: :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby GeorgeW » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:35 pm

bruceb wrote:Georgyboy, you are walking a very, very narrow path!

I think that "stumbling along" may be more appropriate. It's good to see that you're still breathing Bruce and I hope, still roasting greens in the old Hottop.

Give my regards to the snowboarding Frenchman and the purple fella.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

RE: Re: RE: Re: Lost for words?

Postby bruceb » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:23 pm

Thanks George! I'll send along greetings. It's good to see that you're still checking in here once in awhile. I hope you're doing well. I have a "new" roaster and haven't fired up the HotTop in awhile. I actually do roast quite a bit, though. I can only handle one or two cups a day, but we've had quite a few guests lately. They seem particularly fond of the new Brazilian CoEs.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby geedee » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:19 am

motoman wrote:Just an aside, I did something like this on another forum and some silly buggers took me seriously This just goes to prove that coffee lovers have more wit that radio freaks.

You might not have been serious ... but what about the rest of us ... 8) 8) :lol:
Life's uncertain, eat pudding first!
--------------------------------------
Wega Mini Nova - rotary , plumbed in
Macap 7 grinder
Old Monarch Deli Grinder
Gaggia MDF grinder (for sale)
3 presspots
2 mocha pots
geedee

RE: Re: RE: Re: Lost for words?

Postby motoman » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:03 am

Gee! Dee, ya got me there.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
motoman

Return to Off Topic