A guide to better understanding

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

A guide to better understanding

Postby motoman » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:51 am

I compiled this list a couple of years ago and hope that new members will gain valuable knowledge from my experience:
GLOSSARY

There is some confusion amongst us less technically minded coffee drinkers. The use of some terms and phrases like PID and HX can give us headaches. I have studied the problem and in order to give a wider audience the benefit of my detailed research I have compiled a list of the most commonly used expressions, with an explanation of their true meaning;

P.I.D. - Pink Iced Doughnuts, A device used to improve the taste of coffee and fatten New York policemen.

TAMPERS - People who cannot help trying to improve on the manufacturer’s specification.

PORTAFILTER – A Network Rail device to divert porters from angry passengers.

BOTTOMLESS PORTAFILTER – Fall into one of these and you will never be seen again.

BASKET – Not to be confused with basket case which I am often accused of being.

HX – Halloween 10.

PHONE SEX – Call 09…. Ooops! Sorry, wrong forum.

STEAM WAND – A device designed to inflict severe burns on the hands of the innocent.

ROAST PROFILE – A detailed description of the criminal habits of roasted beans as they do not have fingerprints.

PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE – A device fitted to all coffee addicts that operate when a parcel arrives from Steve.

BACK FLUSH – (Explanation deleted as we have some members of a delicate disposition.)

PRE FLUSH – That rosy glow you get when you first smell perfectly roasted, freshly ground, home roasted coffee.

COFFEE – A brown liquid.

I hope this brief explanation improved your knowledge of our favourite subject and a happy Halloween to you all.

Pete.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

RE: A guide to better understanding

Postby Aadje » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:47 am

You, sir, just made my day :D
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Return to Off Topic